Chapter 1

Amelia P.O.V :  

Dear Amy,

I hope you are fine and happy, my dear. Jai and I miss you so much; he visited me last weekend and spent an entire day with me. He did not say it out loud; he is trying to be the tough one as usual, but the faraway look he is getting and how he stirred clear of your little garden showed me how much he misses you.

I went down to the Creek today to do some fishing; this is the first time I went there without you. I found today that fishing at our beloved Creek will never be the same without you by my side, without your squeals and giggles the place is too gloomy. I missed holding your hands while we cross the tree bridge, helping you up while trekking the rocks, seeing you squeal with excitement when I get a fish, even the birds and squirrels missed you.

Well there is a few happy news among these sad reminders, our Lady Mia had her kittens last week, there are four of them, they are a mixture of both their parents. I gave little Noah, our farmhand Samuel's little kid, the privilege to name them, you do remember Noah right? He named the boys Jack and Jim and the girls Ria and Gia. Jack and Jim are whole black like their father Mr.Roger but have white paws and ears. Ria and Gia are whole white like their mother Lady Mia but with black paws and ears from their father. Now the house is filled with the little mewing. Also, our Amore's foal is getting better now, I was a little concerned about the mother and child due to premature delivery but both are on their path to recovery now. We decided to name him Miracle because his survival was a big miracle.

It feels odd telling you all these, you used to be in the middle of all chaos when you were here, you were the one who gets excited over the kittens' puppies and foals, now you are not here to see them, not to watch over them, not to pamper them. Everyone in the farms misses you dear, not only humans but the animals miss you too especially Captain, our shepherd dog. Last day our maid Martha tried to go inside your room to clean it but he wouldn't let her, he stood there in front of your room with teeth bared at her, he know you didn't like people going into your room, that whole day he stood guard in front of your room.

Everything is colorless without you, life feels empty. Please come back my love, come back to me.

Love you forever & always,
J.

Amelia Winston sighed as she read the letter, this is the fourth one in this month there was one each week. This parade of letters started three months ago when she finally managed to get the post office to redirect her letter correspondence to her new address, along with her personal mail she started getting letters for someone else as well more precisely love letters for some other girl. At first, she ignored them thinking it will stop when the sender realizes that the intended receiver is not the one who is getting the mail, but the mail did not stop and after the first month the curiosity got better for her, and she started reading them. First, she thought she will read only the first one, then she moved to the second then to the third and now this is the twelfth letter that is in her hand right now.

She gave the letter once over again, folded it, and carefully put it back inside the pink envelope with a Red rose printed at the left-hand top corner.

J. Howard
Misty Creek Ranch
Rocky Mountain.

She stared at the address for a few minutes wondering whether she should write back to the sender informing him of the mix-up, but then dismissed the idea telling herself that this is just a lovers quarrel and also the address in the letter is too ambiguous for it to reach the sender. Placing the letter inside her diary along with all the other eleven letters she left it in the drawer of her desk, she will take that home in the evening after the class. This morning she left in hurry and did not get time to go through the mail and sort them, in fact, she was too late that she collected them from the mailbox on her way to kindergarten and took them with her. She did not notice the now-familiar pink envelope until she has to solve a catfight between two of her young female pupils over a pink paper. She has offered a nap time story for the entire class to extract the envelope from the clutches of the four-year-olds.

The work at the kindergarten tire her out too much, by the end of the day she always feels like she was run over by a truck, but her love for kids and her need for money is pushing her to face the next day. This night is no different in the beginning, she was so tired and hardly made it to the bed before she collapses, but as the night advanced she dreamt of a couple walking hand in hand through a well-traveled trail through the woods crossing the tree bridge, she watched them as they reached a creek as they played in the water, splashing it on each other, she saw them laughing, fooling around, catching fishing and swimming, and without knowing a smile bloomed on her lips in her sleep. And that night her nightmares failed to terrorize her, after a very long time she slept peacefully. When she woke up in the morning the memories of the letter and her dream was buried somewhere deep inside her mind and just like any other day she found her solace among the chatter of her dear students.

Yet another day to survive.

###########################################################################

Hi friends,

Thank you so much for reading Love You Forever & Always

Please vote and let me know your thoughts on the book by commenting.

love,

Niranjana