Chapter 3

Dear Mr.Howard,

I am Amelia Winston staying at the address you mentioned in your letter. I am deeply sorry for your lose, I..

**Strike**
**Crumble **
**Throw**

Dear J,
I am the one who has been reading your letter for your wife...

**Strike**
**Crumble **
**Throw**

Breathing out a frustrated sigh she rested her forehead on the writing desk trying to conjure right words to put on the letter, there are more than twenty of crumbled papers lie around her, each of them is attempts to write to Mr.Howard but none of them seems right or feels right. She stood up from her seat, yawned and stretched before trudging towards the kitchen, she needs a break it has been hours since she put herself on this mission and her neck is as stiff as a log now.

After a strong coffee and two-three little Hershey Kisses later she felt that she is ready to continue her letter writing venture. His last letter affected her beyond a level she is ready to admit, that made her break out of her insecurities, take a risk and write back to him. But writing a letter to someone who don't know you but you know very well about seems like a tough task, sometimes she wants to keep it formal sometimes she wants to fill it with compassion, it has been hours since she is sitting at her desk trying to fill paper after paper but each of them ended up on the floor around the desk.

She just hopes she is not too late, that he is still there to receive this letter and read it, she hopes that this letter will make a difference in his life and save him from being eternally lost. Sitting back in her chair she opened her drawer taking out the bundle of letters she received from him, after running her fingers softly through them she took out the first letter and started reading them once again, every incident mentioned in those letters are like her own memories now, she is trading her terrible memories to those beautiful ones. His first few letters are full of grief, his pain and continuously begging for her to come back, later on, the pattern changed to him explaining weekly activities at the farm and recollection of their old memory, as he said the letter writing is a way for him to cope with her death, for him it was better to think that she left him than her being dead.

She folded the last letter and put it back in its envelope, placing it back in the bundle and tying it securely she put it back into the drawer. Placing a fresh sheet of paper in front of her she closed her eyes and thought about a man she knew in whole her life, a man who loved his wife more than his life, a man who lived his whole life to fulfill the dreams of his dead wife to provide a better home for their only child, a man who she always thought she had failed, she thought about her father and now she knows exactly what she should write to Mr.Howard.

**************************************

Dear Mr.Howard,

My dad always told me, that losing someone you love unconditionally is the worst kind of pain a person can endure, but keep on living to fulfill your lover's dreams is the best thing you can do for your love.

My mom and dad were together from the days they can remember or you can say from diaper days, they were neighbors and best friends when they were little. As they grew up their friendship also grew and it transformed into a very beautiful love story. They were high school sweethearts; after graduating high school from our small hometown they joined the same university, my mom wanted to be a teacher and my dad was into constructions and became an engineer.

Dad proposed my mom on a new year's eve on the backdrop of fireworks on a beach where they and a couple of their close friends are having a campfire. He said he had the ring with him for almost a year but he couldn't find the right moment to propose, on that day seeing her smiling face in the light of the campfire with the firework on the background he knew it's the right moment. I always made fun of him for being so cheezy and his only reply was "your mom loved it but she would have loved it even if I propose her while we bath the dog" and laugh.