Chapter 4

Its has been a couple of months since she had send a mail to her mystery writer. She eagerly waited everyday for his reply or at least for any new letters for him Amy. There is no reply or any further correspondence from Mr. Howard, she was not sure she was sad or relieved. The unknown is scaring her, did her letter reach him on time, is he still alive and avoid writing to her because his fantasy is broken or is he really end his life?

She always wanted this kind of love in her life, she dreamed of meeting Mr. Right and fall in love like any other girl when she was young. But life has never been fair to her, it always had this tendancy to turn upside down when she finds some kind of normalcy.

Thoughts of Mr. Howrd made her remember her childhood the stories her father made sure she knows of her parents love so she will never loose faith in love, that might be the reason that persuade her to write that letter and tell him about her parents life story. And that's also the reason that made her to  some flowers to her father's grave, she missed him so much at times like this, but she knows she will never be able to visit them ever again in life. It has been a very long time since she visited her parents, its not because she doesn't want to but because she is scared to. She knows the moment she decides to visit her past a lot will catch up with her, those memories itself made her cringe.

The flowers sounded harmless at that time, but when she found herself twisting and turning in her bed that night without being able to catch a blink of sleep she knew the terrible mistake she made. Despite her best efforts she became more conscious of her surroundings, paying attention even to the sound of wind. Everyday she started watching out for tell a tail signs of being followed, at nightbthe koving shafows of the tree kept her awake.

Mornings before leaving the house for work she watched from behind her curtain for any conspicuous vehicle park on the street. She started leaving utensils on door handles, so that it will make a sound when someone tries to open it. She lined the window sills with crushed glass powder so that no one could climb in. Every time someone ring the bell her hand automatically went to a knife and she even started sleeping with oe under her pillow.

Even though she did not find any of this she couldn't shake the feeling of being watched. When she found the turned over garbage bin and  ripped up newspaper even if she wanted attributed to the racoone as usual her heart was not listening. But then a bunch of roses turned up on her front steps on a monday evening, her favourite white roses. Then she know its time for her to move again, she is not the type to take risk and regretblater, she already have enough regretsbin life.

She felt sad for leaving, she loved this little town and its people. She adored her students, and she almot believed she could build a life here that the run is over. She was ready to grow roots and settle.

She put her resignation two days before, told them she have a family emergency and she have to get back to her hometown for good. Saying the goodbyes were hard, her students were too young to even understand whats going on and she doubt they are even going to remember her despite all the memories she have of them.

As always she packed one single bag
She packed one single bag which is not bigger that the bag she daily carries to the kindergarten with a few changes of clothes, toiletries need for the road, a book and some cash.

She left the home before the dawn, and made sure no one saw her leaving. She boarded the first bus out of town. She decided to travel randomly for a few days before going to her destination, just to confusing anyone who is following her. Usually she never had a destination in her mind when she starts her journey. With out any living relatives and any place to root her she is a nomad,she used to settle in small towns that felt safe, but this time she knows where she wanted to go.

She is going to the Rocky mountain, specifically to the Misty Creek Ranch, a place that is familiar from the words of its owner. She wants to wet her feets in the creek up in the woods, she wants to meet the loyal Shepherd dog Captain, the Miracle foul and his mother, Mr. Rogers, Lady Mia andvtheir kittens, above all she wantsbto meet the man who was capble to such deep love.

################################

Hi friends,

I am not even sure if any one is following this book now, I have taken a realy long break even for my standards. I am really sorry for that, life got in the way in the form of work and  writer's block.

To those who are still here, Thank you so much for your patience.

I know this is very short chapter, this is my attempt to break free from writer's block. Wush me luck and enjoy your read.

Please vote nad comment your feedback.

Thanks,
Niranjana Binoy.