Chapter 7

I dial Calum's number.

"Abri what happened? Why did you go all of a sudden? Who was that boy?"

"Hello to you too, Mr. Hood." I joke.

"Yeah hi. But seriously, is there something going on?"
I stay quiet.

"Hello?"

"Calum, I never actually told you what happened in the past, and why I live on the streets. I never told you my story. And..." I'm not sure what to say.
It's silent again.

"So tell me."

"I-"

Would it be better if I talked to Luke? For some reason I don't fully trust him, and that's why I'm sitting on the bench in the park again. I changed my mind, I'm not going to him. Why would I, what did I think I was going to say? "I came to you because the friend of my brother is probably trying to kidnap me?"
Please.

"It's complicated. We'll talk another time." He doesn't say anything and hangs up in my ear, leading me to sigh. I throw my head in my hands, resting my elbows on my lap. I still have a hell of a headache, and in this situation it doesn't make things better.

"You have a lighter?"

I'm startled out of my misery by an unknown voice. I raise my head up, seeing a girl with a brown cap and sunglasses casually leaning against the tree next to where I'm sitting. She seems familiar, someone from yesterday.

"Um.. earth to Smith!" She waves her hand.

"And you are?" I ask confused, tilting my head as I squint my eyes.

She takes a step closer and reaches out her hand.

"I'm Gail. You saw me in the car with Michael yesterday?"

Oh yeah. Michael's girlfriend...?

"Oh, I remember. I'll just grab it. Abri by the way." I say after I shake her hand. I shrug off my backpack and grabble inside. Why I have a lighter in my bag? I just want to be prepared for things.

"Thanks fam." The girls says as she takes the lighter and lights the cigarette. Then she inhales the smoke and after a second she takes it out of her mouth. She politely blows ths smoke in another direction.

"You smoke?" Is it so hard to make correct sentences?

"No, I'm just prepared for things." I answer.

"Interesting. You also have a gun in there?" She snickers. I just smile.

"So, how's life?" She says taking another puff, and sits down next to me.

"Fine.." I just say.

"Come on, is that all that you've got?"

"Well, I'm 19 and I live outside so that's not really something to be proud about."

"You're a runaway?"

"Yes." This is the first time I've told someone that after I've met them a minute ago.

"Cool." The girl answers. She takes a last puff before she throws it on the ground, crushing it with her foot."

"Are already finished with that?" I ask pointing at the rubbish.

"Yeah I didn't feel like it anymore." She says coolly.

"Well, I'd like to tell you about myself if you don't mind."
I just nod.

"I grew up in a mansion here in Brisbane, I was kind of a rebel child. That's why my parents said I had to leave and I was totally cool with that. I started living with one of my guy friends, and short after we got together. But he was a total jerk so I left him for someone else."

I already know that she's a chatterbox now.

"She's still my girlfriend now, Terry will always be my bae."

Oh, so she's bi. Not Michael's girlfriend.

"I only hang out with guys, all the girls I know are so sissy, no offense. My music buddy is Luke."

"Wait, blonde haired lanky Luke? You know him?" I ask a little surprised.

"Dude, this whole neighborhood knows him. He owns a music store."

"He owns a music store?" I ask even more surprised.

"That's what I said. He makes good money." How come he didn't tell me?

"We're like one of the the closest buddies." She giggles.

"I see." I answer.

"And he's one of my ex boyfriends."

¤
Hihihi.

Gail=Halsey AYY

School is holding me back from updating grr.

SLFL WHOOO!

I'm not even sure if I'm going FMLLLL #momproblems. T-T