Tuesday, April Second, The Evening - The Twin Mania

Chapter Two: The Twin Mania

[A/N] - Not Edited. Lots of Swearing. 

Tuesday, Second April: The Evening

“Hello little sis,” a sinister voice greets me as I place my feet on the threshold of my house, and I freeze instantly, but apparently, not soon enough.

I’m drenched.

Those dratted twins, it couldn’t be anyone else, had executed the oldest prank in the book. No, not the fart cushion, the other one.

A bucket of water suspended over the door, to drench an unsuspecting person. In this scenario, it was me.

Great.

Jake and Jason were home from college, and for the life of me I couldn’t fathom why. Maybe they had been sent back, the letters we got certainly threatened to do so. After all, they had let out all the animals and reptiles in the science lab resulting in a strike by all the female professors who wouldn’t walk the halls when frogs were loose.

“What are you idiots doing home?” I ask them as I walk inside, welcoming the warmth of the hallway, not even pissed about the bucket of water. This was a relatively small prank for them. Had I known they were coming, I would have hid myself somewhere. Probably somewhere really far, like Antarctica.

Both of them stand in front of me, grinning like the Cheshire cat, and I’m a little freaked out by the crazy glint in Jake’s eyes, but I shrug it off.

“So, you mean to say you don’t know why we’re here? No one thought of telling you?” Jason counter-questions me, smirking now.

“Oh no, I know why you’re here. Asking it out loud just gives me a kick.” I answer sarcastically, before adding, “No, you nutjobs, I don’t. So, spill. What’s going on?”

“Little sis-” Jason begins, but I interrupt him, “I’m only a year younger!”

“Don’t interrupt!” Jake admonishes me, and like a child Jason sticks his tongue out at me, pleased I’ve been scolded. We’ve walked into the kitchen by this time. I’m still drenched as I take the bar stool seat in front of the island, on which the boys are now perched.

“You are now looking at -” Jason starts, and then pauses for dramatic effect. I pointedly roll my eyes.

“The two judges for Troll Fest!” Jake completes his twin’s statement.

My eyes widen of their own accord, and I nearly jump up to strangle them both. Oh, this is bad. Very, very bad.

And, just then, I remembered him. Azazel.

Fuck. Things just went from bad to worse.

“What? Why? Don’t you have college?” I ask them, my mind still reeling from this unexpected and unwanted piece of news.

“Well, Ze, the college is giving us credit for supervising and judging a school competition. I must say, when the invite from Redford came, I was pretty surprised,” Jason says.

I snort. “Who else do you think they can call? All of your friends were nowhere close to you. And, I’m sure your college must have been happy to let to come.”

Happy was an understatement. They probably threw an early Christmas party in September. And, they dumped these two crackpots on us. God help us all.

“Yeah, still. Now we get to watch everyone get trolled and maybe troll a few ourselves.” Jake says, a wicked look in his eyes.

I get up and try to back away inconspicuously, like that is going to work. The boys have eagle vision.