09

A week had passed and Harry got out and he felt so much better. Now there was one final thing to do. It was time to turn in his badge.

Sure he enjoyed this case but he couldn't end up like he did with what happened in this case.

He pulled up to the agency and he sighed looking to the building. It took him a while before he finally got out and went up the stairs to the building. With a sigh he entered the building

He walked into the area where the homicidal department is. He glanced around looking for Zayn, hoping to avoid him. He sighed when he didn't see him before he walked into Alec's office.

Harry looked into the office and he saw Alec's chair faced away from him. He knocked on the door that was open causing Alec to spin around. "Ah Harry...glad to see you on your feet. How you feeling?"

"Better..." He said with a nod before he pulled the badge out of his pocket and he laid it on the desk.

"So you're done now?" Alec asked

Harry nodded and he sat on the chair in front of him. "Detective work isn't my thing." He said

"So now what are you going to do?" Alec asked folding his hands together and observing him. Harry looked to him and he shrugged. Honestly he didn't know where to go. Sure he had his little private jobs he did and he does fine with that job. However he doesn't know if that's what he wants to do either.

Alec sighs and pulls out a newspaper. "How about this." He pauses before he pulls out a folder. He lays it on the desk and slides it to Harry. "This is the case that is being investigated. Zayn's in it."

Harry looks to it and he sighs. "Trying to persuade me to come back isn't gonna work." He said as he got up and began to walk away.

"It was only an offer. Saying that no matter what you're always welcome here." Alec calls out. Harry stops and just contemplates for the longest time. He groans and turns around taking the file.

"I'll think about it." He said before he walks off leaving Alec leaning back with a smirk.

As Harry is walking out he stops when he sees Zayn. The man not even noticing him at first as he is organizing files on his desk. He looked kind of attractive with that super concentrated look on his face.

He knew it was best to not even talk to him before he left. Being with Zayn was the best part during this whole thing. He sighed and walked away quickly.

He was just about to exit when he felt a hand grab him. He looked back and he gulped seeing Zayn himself. "Didn't even wanna say goodbye?" He asked. Harry removed his arm from Zayn's grasp before he sighed

"I didn't see you..." He said looking down.

Zayn frowned and crossed his arms. His eyes then looked down to the folder that Harry had in his hand. "What's that."

"Nothing." Harry said hiding the folder behind him. Zayn rose his eyebrows, which somehow guilted Harry enough to tell the truth. "Alec gave me the case file you are working on."

"He gave you an opportunity? Harry that's great! Take it!" He said.

"I doubt I will...I don't do detective work." He said with a sigh. Zayn frowned and looked to him

"I don't get why you're so hesitant to take an opportunity like this." He said

Harry shook his head and he turned away. "You don't understand." He said closing his eyes for a moment.

"I would if you told me..." He said.

Harry continued to stand like that for just a while longer before he eventually sighed out "Bye Zayn.'' He said before leaving. Zayn just stood there with a sigh deciding to let him go. He honestly wished he could find out what was wrong and help Harry.