If Only

I watched my best-friend, acting crazy as she ran down the shoreline. Her hands in the air, careless. I slid my hands in my pocket as I followed her towards the sea. A smile curved on my lips as I walked towards her.

I'm so lucky, to have a friend like her. To have her as my partner in my crime. I closed my eyes and embraced the moment, the sound of the waves crashing on to the shore. The seagulls flying in the sky. "This is everything I need right now." I whispered to myself.

"BOO!" I opened my eyes to see Nadine, only inches away from my face. Another smile curved on my lips that quickly turned into a vicious smirk. Her eyes widened as she realized what I was planning to do.

"JAMES!" she shouted, laughing as she tried to run away.

But it was too late, I already had her in my arms, tickling her. We were both laughing, and I didn't stop.

"James! Stop, I-I can't breathe!" she laughed, making me smirk even more.

"Good." I teased and after seconds, I stopped allowing her to even out her breathing.

We were sitting on the sand, her head on my knees, as I knelled down. Her face was red, eyes closed. I took a second to admire her face. Her long, gentle lashes, that complimented her eyelids. Her perfect nose, plump lips. "She really is beautiful." I said to myself.

Her eye's suddenly opened and I could see revenge in her eyes.

"Shit." I said, quickly standing up, smiling and slowly backing away.

"Payback time." she said with her squinted eyes and evil smile.

I ran as fast as I could, laughing. When I felt that she was far behind, I stopped and turned around only to find her caught up with me, about two feet in front of me making my eyes widen as well as hers.

She rain into me and we both fell down, laughing.

She was on top of me. I stared in her eyes and noticed the loose strands of hair perfectly flowing against the wind.

She stared at me too, her hands placed on my shoulders. Her face only inches away from mine.

I could of kissed her.

Until she pinned me down on the sand and started tickling me.

"Cut it out!" I yelled while laughing.

"It's payback time!" she exclaimed while tickling my neck.

We both laughed until it hurt and she laid down beside me, her head on my chest. It was nice. Being able to spend the last day in San Francisco relaxing with her, my best-friend.

"If only everyday could be like this." I said and let out a sigh after.

She sat up and glared at me for a few seconds and smiled. She slowly bent her head down causing our foreheads to touch. She closed her eyes, as I cupped my hands around her face.

It was all perfect.

Until a huge wave came over us on the shore causing us to shriek as the cold water came in contact with our bodies. She screamed as we both stood up, jaws dropped. I looked at her to see her perfect hair and flawless makeup now ruined.

I laughed hard at the sight.

She looked up at me and laughed as well.

"Nadine." I managed to say still in shock about what happened. She looked up at me as I grabbed her waist and lifted her in my arms, running towards the sea.

"JAMES!" she yelled laughing, trying to get out of my arms, but she was too weak. I laughed along with her as I threw her into the shallow sea and we spalshed each other until the sun set.

"What a fun day." I thought to myself.

If only everyday could be like this.

If only.