Someday

Friday nights were always my favorite, especially with the company of Nadine. We were both in my condo unit on the floor, watching movies while eating french fries and burgers.

"Past me the ketchup." she demanded, as she fished for a french fry, eyes focused on the TV screen. "Get it yourself." I replied, as I took a sip of my soft drink. "James, it's right next to you." she said, in annoyance with a smile on her face. I returned her smile and took the ketchup, and squirted it on her face.

"JAMES!" she screamed in horror. I laughed hysterically, watching her reaction with ketchup all over her face. "It's not funny!" she said as she covered her face. I stopped laughing and glared at her. She wasn't moving, her face was still covered with her hands. I heard a sniffle come out of her, making me feel guilty for causing her to cry.

"Hey." I said, grabbing her wrist. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to--" I was cut off by her smacking her hands full of ketchup onto my face causing my eyes to widen.

She let out an evil laugh as she wiped the ketchup that was on her face, onto mine, making me yell.

"NADINE!" I stood up and watched her laugh. "Revenge." she said as she stood up as well. "Revenge huh?" I said with a smirk on my face. I grabbed the ketchup bottle and aimed it towards her, squirting ketchup all over her.

"JAMES!" she screamed, laughing. She grabbed the paper bag on the floor and started throwing french fries causing us to have a mini food fight. We both laughed in sync as we dropped onto the floor. Ketchup and french fries were everywhere. It was a mess.

I stared at her. Ketchup was all over her face, hair, and clothes. I let out a laugh, as she did the same.

It suddenly got quite, I watched her move closer. My heart started beating faster as she got closer towards my face. I stared hard into her eyes, as she did likewise. She was only inches away from face, only a small gap was separating our lips from touching. I was about to close that gap until she let out a laugh as she picked on my hair.

"You have french fries in your hair." she said, laughing, making me laugh as well. I took a french fry from my head and rubbed it against Nadine's cheek, gathering some ketchup that was on her face.

"Mmm, tastes like french fry, ketchup, and Nadine." I said, making her laugh.

"And your hair gel." she added making me laugh along with her.

We cleaned up the mess we made and let out more laughs. After she left my condo, I smiled. "Friends like her should never be lost. Hopefully, someday, we'll be able to be more than friends." I thought as I drifted into slumber.