Undeniable | Part Two

"A vacation?" I repeated with my eyes wide open and a grin stretched throughout my face.

Two weeks has past since the departure of James, and I was in my RM's office seated at the chair adjacent from the desk hearing the good news.

"Yes Nadine, the agency decided to give you a vacation as well, since James is on his." Tita KC said.

"That's good to hear." I said as calm as possible, but in the inside, I was screaming. A vacation! I knew exactly what I was going to do, --- surprise James in Australia.

"Promise you'll wait for me?"

"Promise."

I thought about the promise I made two weeks ago, prior to when James left. "Sorry James, I broke that promise. I couldn't wait any longer." I thought to myself as I looked out of the window of the airplane.

I smiled thinking about what his reaction would be after seeing me.

After leaving the airport and getting the rental car, I sat in the drivers seat and pulled out my phone. James mentioned the hotel he was staying at, via text message, so I searched for the text and typed the name of the hotel into my GPS.

"Perfect." I said, grinning.

When I arrived at the hotel, I killed the engine, got my purse, and got out of the car. I admired the architecture of the hotel. Simple, modern, yet classy. I walked into the lobby only to find James sitting down on the sofa. Excitement filled my body. I smiled and hid behind the counter thinking of how I should greet him.

I started approaching him until I saw him stand up. A tall, thin girl with long brown hair embraced him. I froze.

Confusion, loneliness, and betrayal filled my body. Tears rolled down my cheek as I look at the two, smiling, embracing. My knees were shaking, I was stiff.

I turned around hoping he wouldn't see me. I closed my eyes and tears fell down hard.

"Nadine?" I heard him question.

I started walking fast as I wiped my face with my hands.

"Nadine!" he yelled making me walk faster, almost running.

"Nadine." he said and grabbed my arm. I turned around and slapped his face. I was surprised. I never thought I could do that. I didn't regret it though.

"How could you James?" I said, trying not to raise my voice. Tears came rolling down on my face as he looked at me clueless.

"Nadine. You don't understa--"

"You're right." I cut him off. "I don't understand. How could you do this?" I asked. Anger started to fill my body. "You know how much I hate showing emotions but James, I'm jealous." I said with tears rolling down my face.

He grinned widely making me even more mad.

"James, what the hell?" I said in pure hatred. My face was full of tears and he chose to smile? I hit his chest several times while tears rolled down my face.

"You're jealous?" he asked still smiling.

I looked at him, my vision was blurry due to the tears forming in my eyes.

"All you care about is if I'm jealous?" I asked. I was about to slap him again until he held my hands. "You have nothing to be jealous of." he said making me look at him. I glared at him, not believing a word he said.

A high voice interrupted us. "Uh, Hi I'm Lauren, James's step sister." the tall girl embracing James earlier looked at me giving me a little wave.

My jaw dropped. I felt my face boil, turning red. I humiliated myself not only in front of James, but his step sister as well.

"Oh my god." I said covering my mouth with my hands.

James looked at me still amused.

"You're cute when your jealous." he said with a smirk on his face.