Undeniable | Part One

╳ 

I stared at the half-way full suitcase that sat in front of me. I admit it, I was sad, Who wouldn't be? Who wouldn't be sad to watch your boyfriend pack for a vacation without you?

"I wish I could come." I simply said looking down on the floor.

James bent down on his knees, trying to make eye contact with me. I refused and turned my head towards the wall trying to hold back tears. He cupped my face with his warm hands and tilted my face towards his, forcing my eyes to meet with his.

"I'll only be gone for a month. It'll go by fast." he assured trying to comfort me. It helped a little, not knowing that his vacation would go by fast, but due to the fact that his hands were on my cheeks and his eyes were meeting mine.

I made a wan smile and turned my head towards the wall.

"Hey." he said making me look at him. I stared into his hazel eyes and admired his perfect face. He gave me a kiss on my forehead. "I love you." he simply said, and continued packing. I watched him for a few minutes and after a while, I stood up from his bed and helped him pack.

Although I was sad, I tried to hide my emotions. I've always hated showing emotions, especially to James. I didn't want him to feel bad and end up not going on his trip.

  ╳

This was it. We arrived at the airport. I was happy for James, he deserves a break from work, he deserves a vacation. On the other hand, I was sorry for myself. No James, for a month. I erased that thought and drew my attention to James.

He looked at me and gave me a tight hug. I returned his hug and we stayed in this position for a minute.

Enjoy your trip, okay?" I said, holding back my tears. "Have fun in Australia."

"I'll make sure we'll have fun." he said grinning, making me raise my eyebrow.

"I'm taking you with. Here, in my heart." he said causing me to burst out in laughter.

"You're too cheesy James." I said as we both laughed.

"Nadine." he said in a serious tone.

I looked at him in his eyes and smiled.

"Promise you'll wait for me?" he asked.

"Promise." I replied.

  ╳

That was a promise that I broke.