The morning of the match, Liam woke up to an empty bed. He knew he hadn't slept all that long, because he remembered staring at the clock at 4 AM, the red numbers shining brightly back at his tired eyes. The fact that Zayn had managed to slip out during the few hours he'd actually slept annoyed Liam to no end. He frowned, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes before he noticed a small note on the pillow next to his.

Had to run to the ring with Niall, be back as soon as I can –Z

Liam sighed deeply as he collapsed back onto the bed, suddenly not wanting to get out of it at all. He wanted to hide under the covers and wait for Zayn to return, and then not let him ever leave again.

Stupid, he thought to himself. Stupid, stupid, stupid. He cursed himself for immediately wondering if Niall and Zayn had to meet with Harry, whoever this Harry really was. He couldn't have been that important if Niall didn't bother to remember his last name, but Liam still hated him. For completely valid reasons, of course, he just didn't care to explain himself.

Sitting up in bed, Liam stretched for a moment before deciding to squeeze in a quick workout. He was supposed to be resting all day, saving his energy for the match later that night, but he knew as long as he was alone in their flat, he'd have to keep himself occupied in some other way than plotting Harry's death.

Liam rose from the bed, only to lie down on the floor a minute later and start doing sit-ups. He tried to clear his mind of all thoughts, focusing on his movements and breathing, but it didn't work all that well.

Liam continued his sit-ups until his face was drenched with sweat and his breaths were so heavy that he had to stop. He laid on the floor for a few minutes to catch his breath, trying to push his jealousy into the back of his mind where they belonged.

Liam picked himself up off the floor and shuffled to the bathroom, stripping his clothes off before he turned on his shower and let the water run hot. He stood underneath the spray, closing his eyes as the water splashed over his face and soothed his aching muscles.

He knew Zayn would yell at him if he'd found Liam doing sit-ups today of all days, but he couldn't really bring himself to care. He just wanted the whole fight over and done with, and go back to a normal life with Zayn.

It wasn't that he was particularly nervous about winning, Liam actually felt quite confident in his ability to beat the hell out of his opponent. Of the two, Liam was favored to win and he fully intended to live up to it.

"Don't get cocky now," Niall had told him after he'd learned of his opponent's name. Liam chuckled with a wry smile. "He's taken down many a lad larger than you."

"But never me," Liam answered. "Confidence, my dear Niall, will win me this match."

"That and excellent training," Zayn added.

—•—•—•—
Honestly, I'm trying my best on updating my books. If anyone is confused on the point of view it's always going to be in Liam's !! Thank you reading my book babes !!!