Chapter 8

Armed & Dangerous
~Gajevy~

Chapter 8

"Welcome back, Levy." A voice greeted the cop just as she walked through the doors to the police department.

"Thanks, Jet." She said, almost in a mumble. It was unusual, and Jet caught that almost instantly.

"Something on your mind there?" Jet leaned more in her direction, staring her down with a raised eyebrow.

There was, actually, something on her mind. Well, more like someone. It's only been a day, yet she missed him. Levy missed Gajeel. People would think that's silly, for a girl to miss her loved one even though they've been separated for simply a day. But Levy didn't know when the next time she'd be able to see Gajeel would be. There could possibly be no next time. She didn't know, and had not a single clue.

"No." Levy lied straight to her partners face as she removed her jacket. She hung it on the back of her chair before sitting down. Levy grabbed a pen and looked at the small stack of papers in front of her. Yet, all the words began to blur as her mind drifted off to think about Gajeel. She didn't even notice her partner stand up and walk over to her own desk.

"Levy, listen. You know not to only think of me as your work partner. I'm also a friend, who's there for you anytime." Jet was leaned over her desk when Levy came to. She had heard his words. Levy looked up, staring into his eyes. She sighed and smiled.

"Thank you, Jet. I really appreciate that." Levy grinned and Jet nodded before retreating back to his own desk.

The day at the department was slow. Extremely slow. That's why Levy was overjoyed when her time to check out came.

She used her hands to push away from the desk, staring at the finished cases on the top. Levy wasn't thinking about those though. No. She was thinking about Gajeel.

Levy slowly rises up from her swivel chair, unconsciously pushing it back into her desk. She grabbed her jacket and turned towards the entrance of the building, still deep in thought about Gajeel. She walked past Jet's desk, beginning to speak.

"Night Jet..." She said softly, not bothering to look that way. If she had, Levy would've saw that his desk was empty.

She pushed past the front doors and into the parking lot. Her hand reached into her jacket pockets to grab her car keys. Yet, they weren't there.

Levy was dragged back down to earth when she realized her missing items. Her eyes widened and she quickly turned around to get back into the building. Though, she was stopped by a much taller figure.

"Let's go for a ride..." It was Jet. He placed her keys into Levy's small hands as he walked by her, to his own car. Levy quietly followed behind him.

She climbed into his passenger seat as he took the drivers spot. His engined turned on and they were soon pulling out of the parking lot.

"I heard him." There was hesitation before he spoke. Levy's ears perked up and she stared wide eyed at her thighs.

"Heard who?" Levy had a feeling she knew what he was talking about, but wasn't for sure so she kept her cool.