Chapter 31

Dean and I were on our way to school. He, of course was driving. He never let's me drive.. I was staring out of the window, kind of hypnotized by the passing trees. My mind went back to last night with Dean.. I couldn't stop thinking about it..

"You okay?" Dean asked parking in the schools parking lot.

"Hm? Yea.. I'm fine" I nodded.

I carfully got out of the car and Dean grabbed my bag and held my hand.

I wonder If he's always been this sweet.

We met up with Jess at my locker.
"Hey"

"Oh there you are" she sighed. "I thought I was going to have to come drag you out of bed again"

I chuckled. "No.. I'm here"

"I'm gonna go to my locker. I'll be back" Dean told me.

I nodded okay and he kissed me.

Jess wiggled her eyebrows at me with a smile. "I can just feel the love radiating off of you two!"

I blushed and looked away. Kissing Dean just made me think of last night..

"What's wrong with you?" Jess suddenly asked.

I bit my lip and grabbed my books out of my locker. "What are you talking about? I'm fine"

She rolled her eyes. "Right and I'm Beyonce.. You-"

I cut her off. "Jess I said I'm fine!"

I didn't mean to raise my voice at her. Its just.. I know how she is. She'll keep nagging and nagging and nagging until I tell her what's on my mind.. And right now I'm not really in the mood for all of that.

Jess didn't say anything else about it for the first few classes. I couldn't focus on anything my teachers were teaching durning class so I made sure to get notes from them.

We were currently in English class reciting literature from none other than the famous William Shakespeare for extra credit. I didn't really need extra credit so I knew that I wouldn't have to recite anything.

Some pale girl with dark hair was standing in front of the class speaking.. I didn't bother listening.. My mind wouldn't even let me. I stared out the of the window, watching the rain fall. I love the rain. I love the way it looks, the way it smells, the way it feels.. Somehow to me, it's comforting. I guess you can say I've always admired it and the way it falls sideways. Even the most beautiful things in this world have flaws..

"Mia, you still with us?" My teacher Miss. Green asked snapping me out of my day dreaming.

I hated when everyone's eyes were on me. Jess and Dean stared at me with concern and the rest of the class just stared at me like I was crazy.. I hate unwanted attention.

"Yes" I looked down at my book.

"Would you like to come up next?" She asked.

I shook my head no "No not really"

"Come on Mia give it a try. Your great at this kind of stuff" she insisted.

Ugh. I fucking said no!!

"Okay"

I got up from my desk and walked to the front of the class.

"Anything from William Shakespeare" Miss. Green said.

Out of all the eyes that were staring at me, Dean's were the only ones that mattered. I didn't pay attention to anyone else. I didn't need to.

"I guess I'll recite something from Romeo & Juliet. It's the only one I know by heart" I told her.

"That's perfectly fine. It's actually one of my favorites. Go ahead"

My eyes met Deans once again and he winked at me. Is it crazy that he still gives me butterflies?

"Dear Juliet," I started "Why art thou yet so fair? Shall I believe that unsubstantial death is amorous,
And that the lean abhorrèd monster keeps thee here in dark to be his paramour? For fear of that, I still will stay with thee, and never from this palace of dim night depart again. Here, here will I remain with worms that are thy chamber maids. Oh, here will I set up my everlasting rest, and shake the yoke of inauspicious stars from this world-wearied flesh. Eyes, look your last.
Arms, take your last embrace. And, lips, O you, the doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss, dateless bargain to engrossing death. Come, bitter conduct, come, unsavoury guide. Thou desperate pilot, now at once run on he dashing rocks thy seasick, weary bark. Here's to my love. O true apothecary, thy drugs are quick. Thus with a kiss I die."

When I was finished everyone clapped for me and I sat back down in my seat.

"That was amazing Mia. Thank you for that" Miss. Green smiled at me.

"Thank you"

The bell rang and everyone hurried out of the class. I slowly got out of my seat and Jess looked at me weird. I ignored her stares and grabbed Deans hand and headed to the lunchroom.

After we all got our lunch and sat down I stared at Jess who was still staring at me.

She's annoying the hell out of me!!

"Why are you staring at me?!" I asked her.

"I know what you're hiding from me" she shrugged.

"I don't know what your talking about Jess" I ate a French fry and looked at Dean.

Dean was playing it cool as always. Me on the other hand sucked at lying. I rested my head on Deans shoulder and closed my eyes, just trying to ignore Jessica stares. After about a minute I could still feel Jess's eyes on me.

I threw a French fry at her "Jessica!"

"I'll stop staring at you when you tell me what's up with you"

Ugh.. Now is not the place or time for this discussion!

"No.."

She shrugged. "Hmm, okay. Well I already know what's going on so you don't have to tell me"

"Okay" I mumbled.

Just when I thought she wasn going to give up she said. "You had sex didn't you?"

I gasped and Dean coaked on the Gatorade he was drinking.

"Jess!!" I yelled as I patted Dean on his back.

He looked at me shocked and then looked at Jess. "How the hell did you know that?"

"I've been watching Mia all day.. She's been walking slow, sitting down carefully, she's been distant and distracted!" She pointed out. "I'm not stupid! I know my best friend like the back of my hand!"

"Oh my God" I sighed putting my head down on the table.

Dean chuckled shaking his head. "Your good"

She smiled proudly. "And don't you forget it"

"Can we please not talk about this right now!? Especially here!?" I whined.

"Sure we can wait until we get home.. I just like being right" she shrugged.

Ugh! I already feel bad as it is and I can't get it off of my mind.. The last thing I need is for the wrong person to hear about this.

I rolled my eyes at her and Dean pulled me into his side hugging me. I rested my head on his shoulder and tried my best not to think about what happened last night...