The Unexpected Reunion

"Yes, chef!" The response of his kitchen staff rang as he gave out instructions.

It has been 3 years since he first opened his own restaurant, Mio Angelo. He would take you to an orgasmic tour of Europe with the food he brings. He specializes on Italian and French cusisines, being raised in Italy half his life, and being trained by a reputable French chef. But his countless travels and adventures provided him insight on various cuisines from the different places he visited. He is a rising star in the food industry, having recently gotten 3 michelin stars at his age of only 24. And of course, news quickly spread when people found out that the hot shot chef is also the heir to the billion dollar Giovinazzo empire. People lined up to taste the food of the billionaire chef. Most of these people were also the ones quite shocked that unlike other billionaires who have professional chefs cooking for them, he's the professional chef thrilling their taste buds.

Ace never cared for the popularity that his name brings, all he wants is to be known for his skills in the kitchen. His artistry in creating food. But now, it's all been blurred when his father introduced him publicly as the heir to Giovinazzo Industries.

"Service!" He stated as he pushed out the last order of the day.

He removed his apron and jacket and hanged them on the rack as he stepped out to smoke. He doesn't really like smoking. He never thought he'd be the guy puffing cigarettes by a dumpster, but it has become a habit of sorts to relieve some tension. A habit he picked up working in the kitchen. It's something most kitchen staff have a habit of doing. It's either that or going to work drunk. That, he rarely does.

He came back in the kitchen after he finished a stick. He's been trying to limit himself. There was a time that he can finish two packs of cigarettes in a day. And he is not proud of it. His staffs have finished with storage and are about to start cleaning the kitchen from top to bottom. And he's not the kind of executive chef that would just up and leave all the work to his people. He grabbed a brush and started with the grill.

"Chef, I got that." One of his newer guys offering to do his work.

"No. I got this. This kitchen is huge. Find something else to clean." He merely stated.

The kid backed off sheepishly, which made his sous chef, Toni, laugh. Everyone turned to look at him wondering what he found funny.

"You should have seen the look on the kid's face, Alejandro. You embarassed him." Toni or Antoine, is a long time friend of Ace's. They met in the early years of Ace's stay in France as he was learning side by side him. He has become his best friend and most trusted companion in the kitchen. Their tandem is a force to be reckoned with in and out of the kitchen.

"And you just made it worse for him, Antoine." Ace cajoled.

"Here's what you must know, newbies. Never be surprised if you find this monkey cleaning. It's his fucking kitchen. Let him clean."

"Yeah. Be more surprised if you find this ape cleaning."

"I clean! And I am no ape. If I were an ape, I'd be a one god damn good looking ape." Toni said defensively.

"Who's the ape?" A female voice asked coming through the doors from the service area.

"Your Alejandro." Toni quickly answered.

"Well, by the looks of it, he definitely is. You're cleaning again." Diane, Ace's fiancé, looked at him accusingly.

Ace was just dumbfounded.

"You forgot. Of course you did. I still love you, though. We have a date. Just get ready."

Ace passed the brush to the kid who wanted to help him out earlier. He quickly made his way to his office and tried to fix himself as nice and proper as he could.