Family Dinners

Ace still hadn't gotten over seeing Christina again. He kept going back and forth to her face and the boy's. Those eyes. He can't be mistaken. Those were Christina's eyes. The encounter still chilled him to the bones. He has to see her again. He just has to.

The unexpected reunion also shook Christina to the core. Ace. He was the one for her. Her first love. And no matter how much she tried to let someone in, she unconsciously compares them to him. And no one still lived up to the standards he created for her. She hated him for that, for being the perfect guy, for making her love him that much, but then they were also the things she loved about him. Her life with him was over. She's happy and content now with the life she built with her son. Her son! Yes, her son. And for him, she can't let Ace find a way back in her life. It should stay professional no matter how much history they have between them. She won't let her son go through what she did. She just hopes she would have the strength and will to push him out. And she hopes more that she wouldn't even have to do so, but the looks he gave her said otherwise.

"I'ho vista, Antonio." I saw her. Ace said to his friend in Italian. He spoke that so no one else would understand.

"Chi?" Who? They were sitting at his office, waiting for the dinner service to start, and since prep was all ready. He just couldn't shake it.

"Mio Angelo." My Angel.

"Christina?"

"Si. Lei e suo figlio. Devo rivederla." Yes. Her and her son. I have to see her again.

"Pensi che sia una buona idea?" Do you think that's a good idea?

"Non importa. Devo vederla." Doesn't matter. I have to see her.

He couldn't think of any of the consequences. He knew he shouldn't. Things were all different now. He can't expect her to feel the same about that moment. The need to see her again. It is so strong, he can't think of anything else.

"Can you handle things tonight?"

Even though Toni was opposed to the idea, there's nothing he could do about his friend. There is no point reasoning with him, especially when it comes to Christina. He thought that Ace had finally gotten over her because of Diane, but there he was again, pulled back to his childhood love.

"Of course." He just replied.

Ace removed his chef's jacket and hung it on the rack on his way out. He left instructions before taking off. He was confident enough with his team that they could manage a night without him. He just felt that he would be the one not to survive, if he doesn't see her.

He drove up to a familiar house. It has never changed since. Repainted to look newer from time to time, but still the same homely feel. He had always felt welcomed to their house. Though it had been a while, the woman who answered the door for him welcomed him with open arms.

"Oh, my boy. I missed you."

"Sorry, ma. Been busy." He had always called Christina's mother 'Ma', since they were kids. She had always been like a second mother to him, and his own mother and grandparents adored her as well. If only she would have agreed to come to Italy with him back then, they would have taken her with them.

"I heard. Come on in." Christina's mother, Eleanor, boomed with pride. She always knew he would be successful, not because of his family's money, but of his own hard work.

"Is Angel here?"

Eleanor should have expected it. Ace had always visited them, though Christina was no longer with them. But it's been a long time since the last. Of course he would come visit, now Christina was home.