Chapter 6: The Ordeals (Zion)

Hey Buddies! I haven't really gotten any requests, so I am probably just going to do this last chapter of Ordeals before I write about Valeriana. if you have any other suggestions, feel free to comment.

Zion

Valeriana was missing. During Zion's life, he had never met so interesting a girl, he felt that she was a mystery, a challenge, one good enough for him. But he was rejected, again and again, but he liked the challenge, not much had put up a fight against him.

But never had he thought that she was that special, he never thought she would get kidnapped. And the Ordeals were looming ahead for him. Every night, he would toss and turn in his bed, troubled by the terrified screams that happened occasionally in the night.

Many had not survived, they were spit out into the rejected pile, often with blood trailing behind. Corvan however survived. But even he had the looks of nightmares, and he had became more withdrawn then usual, often muttering to himself about Valeriana.

The Ordeal would prove to be a challenge all right. Never did he know, that much worse was in store for him.

The night of the Ordeal seemed normal enough, sitting through and waiting, was not on one of Zion's most preferred list, but it was necessary.

If he only knew what was waiting for him.

When it was his turn, Zion stepped confidently into the chamber, and the door slammed closed behind him, faster than he had thought. "Weird, the door always closes slowly, why change?" thought Zion.

Then, the chamber rumbled threateningly, and a dark, black mist rose out. And out stepped a figure. One Zion never thought to see. "Chavi?" Then he recovered, "Oh, it is the chamber, but why you?"

Chavi flushed with anger, "Shut up, I have used dark magic to come here!" Zion hesitated, everybody knew that the Chamber forbids magic, but black magic? Demon magic? Is it possible?

Chavi continued, "I have come for you!" Zion narrowed his eyes, "What! Why me?" Chavi smiled, trying to look seductive, "Oh, dear Zion, I love you. Take my hand, and forget about that dumb Valeriana!" Zion backed away hurriedly, "No! I love Valeriana!"

Chavi snarled, more animalistic now, than human, well, not human. "Valeriana, the stealer of my happiness. before I was in love with Corvan, but he was impossible to approach, until she came." Chavi sneered, then continued, "then I switched my affections to you, and what did you know, you go hopping off to her!"

Now Chavi screamed, the rage evident in her voice, "Now that I have her, she can suffer, at least, until my master is done with her. Besides, the only reason I become her friend, is because then I can be close to you!"

Zion backed away, now he became aware of a rumbling deep inside the chamber. Chavi shook, but not with rage, with fear, "I cannot control the chamber any more, take my hand, Zion, let us fly!"

But Zion shook his head doggedly, tuned and ran. Deeper into the chamber. But then rocks started to fly, he glanced back to see Chavi, her eyes black with malice, the eyes of a demon. "So be it, goodbye, Zion!"

Then he was hurled out into the bright sunlight. The King himself caught him, and looked into his eyes worriedly, "Are you all right? Something happened in the chamber, it went wrong!"

Zion drew in his last breath, and managed three words.

"Chavi is evil."