The story before

It was June 4th, the last day of school. Amanda was so grateful for the end of a difficult Junior year. Hard work and determination flowed throughout her mind as she finished her final exam. It was 11:45am. Rinnng! She was on her way to her car with a very good friend of hers. She decided it was the least she could do, on the last day. She drove him home and he gave her something special, a note and a teddy bear. She smiled and thanked him as she accepted these gifts. Amanda then put the car in drive and sped off to her mother's house. The air was stale and it felt like summer, Amanda was uncontrollably smiling because she knew this summer was going to be full of amazing things.

The navy blue dodge stratus came to a halt and she exited the car wearing a pink summer dress, with a wide smile. Upon entering her mother's house she was reminded that she had to pick up her brother from school, and that she did. As a treat to her brother on the last day she took him to Mc Donalds and then drove home.

Two weeks later...
It was officially hot enough to go swimming so Amanda went as often as she could have. She loved the sun, soaking it all up and being warm and tan. The summer days progressed and Amanda soaked up plenty of sun rays and consumed gallons of sun tea.

July 4th, Independence day. The day that changed Amanda's life. It all started off innocent and silly. Amanda and her sister had a mini shopping spree at target, when they arrived home a her mother decided to buy alcohol to celebrate the holiday. She bought Green apple Smirnoff and dragon fruit Skyy. She mixed a drink or two before she gave one to Amanda and her sister. There was several drinks to be consumed by Amanda and her sister before their faces flushed red and they thought about planning out their night. Amanda thought that going up to the nearest park to watch the fireworks sounded like a great idea. Her sister agreed and they walked up there, however they brought a cup of alcohol for the walk. Amanda was flushed, and tipsy. Her sister, Megan, was very intoxicated and she couldn't act normally. Megan was stumbling off the side walk and cackling as they walked to the park. Megan said she could not walk any farther, so the nearest rest spot was a Mc Donalds located in a gas station. The two girls sat at a table near a window. Megan, knew a few people inside the Mc Donalds, she said that is where all the skaters hung out after they would go to the park. A few of Megan's friends came over, two guys one who was Megan's boyfriend and another who was his friend. After they started talking they all started to laugh as they talked about random topics, and made silly remarks. They decided to hangout together at the park, so they left the Mc Donalds and headed there. Megan was holding the alcohol, and handed it to Amanda. She then smacked the cup and spilled it on Amanda. Frustrated, but slightly too happy to care, Amanda just went with it. As the girls approached the closest bathroom Megan ran inside, Amanda followed behind her to make sure things were okay. Amanda called out to Megan and she opened her stall door. Behind the stall door was Megan sitting on the floor clinging to the toilet.

"Bruh, I just threw up."

"ew. You okay?"

"yeah..."

With a slight shock, Amanda dismissed it and walked back out with Megan after she cleaned herself up.

The group decided to sit at a table and just talk about things and what not. Drugs were mentioned, relationships were talked about, laughs were exchanged and everything was great. Then a few skaters from the skate park decide to show up, but one stayed a while. Megan introduced Amanda to this one guy.

"Amanda this is Anthony. Anthony this is Amanda. She is 17 and she is single."

Amanda shot her an appalled look.

"Have fun."

Megan smirked as she raised her eyebrow at Amanda. Amanda flushed and didn't know what to say.