Lies and Drugs

Megan smoked marijuana daily and it was always available to her. Megan also had people who sold other things that interested Amanda. The first time Amanda smoked it was a wake and bake session with Megan. The swisher was tropical fusion flavored and it was the best feeling, two hits and Amanda was gone. So much for the wake and bake because Amanda immediately went back to sleep.

Every day for about a month Amanda smoked, popped xanax (bars/yellows/zannies), and several other drugs. Amanda was a full on druggie, she couldn't go a day without having something in her system. The first time she made and ate edibles were a delight, Anthony came over for one of the first times and he enjoyed Amanda's presence. Amanda ate the whole pan of edible brownies and a few hours later she was as high as a kite. Amanda was going insane, she was laughing her head off, her mind was a million miles away and she loved it. Anthony absolutely despised the fact that Amanda was doing these things, he also disliked the fact that Amanda smoked cigarettes, however that didn't stop her. Ounces of marijuana was consumed daily and Amanda was hardly ever sober.

Drug use then led to Amanda's compulsive lying, she had to promise Anthony several times that she would not smoke weed, pop pills, smoke cigarettes or do anything drug related. Amanda made so many empty promises on that and it didn't mean anything to her.

One summers day in August Amanda and Megan decided to give a certain psychedelic a try. They split a tab of acid because it was their first time and they were unsure of how they would react with it. They had one of the best times of their lives. There were times when crazy ideas were proposed, but not followed through. Such as the time Amanda thought it would be fun to go to the park, unsure of the direction; but they thought it would be best to go home. There was also a time when Amanda randomly ate baby carrots and shared with Megan. It was probably the one and only time baby carrots would ever taste so flavorful and delicious in their lives. Then there was an emotional time, Megan cried over her boyfriend and Amanda cried over hers. Amanda cried because she felt guilty and knew the things she did to Anthony were beyond messed up and thought he was dumb for staying with her. Megan cried because her boyfriend was miles away, and they haven't talked in months. Later that evening Anthony went to see Amanda, but that was a bad idea. She honestly could not function normally, her pupils were dilated, colors were bright and everything left a trail. He was very disappointed in her and gave her lectures, but the serotonin in her brain was making her far too happy to feel any other emotion. He showed his controlling side when he tried to take advantage of her because she was under the influence, but she wasn't that high to know that and she immediately told him to stop. He then left and Amanda continued her trip with Megan. They were laughing, listening to good music and overall having a hood time. The trip lasted until the next day around 9am. They didn't sleep, but after they were sober they both agreed that if it wasn't for Anthony they would have had a better time. However, they will always remember their first trip even if it wasn't as good as they wanted it to be.

After several promises were made to not smoke Amanda would continually smoke a blunt while talking to him on the phone. He never knew because he was too far away to check on her or because she finally did a good job concealing her high. It always amused Amanda when she did that because Megan would whisper "savage" as she did it.

Compulsive lying ranged from "I'm at my aunts," when Amanda was really at her mom's; "I promise not to smoke," when she is literally chain smoking five cigarettes; " I promise not to go to the park," when she planned to go there later that night. To "you think you are talking to me but I am too lazy to text you back so I'll have Megan do it." He was infuriated with everything Amanda did and he came to the conclusion that he hated her so much, he loved her.

He knew he should have left her after the first few weeks they dated, but he stayed. He knew she was a poison berry bush, but the berries were just too sweet.