Chapter 1

"S-Sir?" I looked up from my place on the floor where I knelt as I picked up the broken pieces of glass, setting them on the tray that rested on my right side. The man who stood over me was Killian Crowely, my millionaire of a boss.

He bought me a year ago on the market when I was ditched by my other boss who I thought was the biggest jerk alive, until I met this asshole.

Crowely was a tall and muscular man with semi-long, white hair and dark gray eyes that would give you the chills just by him staring at you. He was handsome, I'll admit, for a 23 year old man.

At first, I thought he was a decent man. He took me in, fed me, gave me a room and didn't even let me work for a full week, even though he owned 5 other maids. I thought I had finally found a nice boss... Until that week had come to an end. Then I found out that he was just a cold, perverted and vicious person who only cared about himself and his 'needs'.

His jaw remained unhinged and unmoving as he stared at the dinning room wall with his cell phone still pressed to his ear. Without speaking still, he shoved his chair back, causing me to jump at the sudden movement, and headed out of the room towards the living room. Once he was in the hall, I heard the words, "You listen, Makarov. She's mine-" The rest of his words became muffled by the walls as he got farther and farther away.

I cursed silently, moving my hands faster as I scooped the broken china onto the tray and quickly stood up, ignoring the splatter of tea still spilt over the red rug. Crowely might slap me for that but I had to figure out who the 'she' was that Crowely was talking about. Was he talking about one of us, his maids, or one of his skanks that he brought here every three weeks?

I set the tray on the dining table, making a note to myself to clean it up before Crowely would come back into the room and hurried down the hall as silently as I could, even though the ruffles on my maid outfit were making it difficult.

As I remembered my outfit, I unthinkingly grabbed the hem of the skirt, that was way too short, and attempted to pull it down more so it could cover my nether-regions a little more, but the skirt didn't budge for the corset at my waist restrained against the tug, as it should. Pulling on my black and white skirt became a bad habit of mine. Once I did it in front of Crowely and he pulled the back of the skirt up, revealing my panties just to be an asshole. Thank God we were in his house and not in public.

As I neared the living room, I heard Crowely's angry voice which I remembered well and stopped just outside the entryway, careful not to be seen as I eavesdropped on his conversation.

"Fine. But this doesn't make anything between us better, she's worked for me for a long time." Crowely's angry voice sounded. "When do you want her?" There was a pause then I heard him groan. "It's midnight, Makarov. I'm not going to drive her out in the middle of the ni-" His sentence was cut off and I had guessed that this 'Makarov' had cut him off.

I quietly backed away from the room before running full speed towards the stairs. I had to warn the other maids. One of us was definitely being sold or traded. Then my heart fluttered at my next thought;

Is it me? Am I the one being sold?

I became scared and hopeful at the same time. If I was the one being sold, I could get away from Crowely and his harsh ways of owning a maid. But I was scared that my next owner was going to be worse than him. I thought no one could be worse than him but I've learned a lesson about that. Everything can go worse.

I don't even remember walking into the drawing room, my legs just absentmindedly kept moving while I thought. I stepped inside and closed the door behind me, spotting Vivian and Malena.

Vivian was a short girl, although she was taller than me like everyone else is, with short, neat purple hair. I honestly thought she was the sweetest and most innocent out of us all, but Crowely took advantage of that and broke her. Now she was a quiet, shy and often scared girl that did whatever anyone told her to do, no matter who they were or what they were ordering of her.

Malena was a different story. Malena was the eldest if us maids, just being 24. She had green eyes and long curly brown hair that was pulled into pigtails. When I first met her, I thought she looked like a timid schoolgirl, until I saw her when Crowely was there. She was the boldest of us all, daring to glare, back-talk, and even insult Crowely. If I was her mother and heard her behind closed doors, I would wash her mouth out with soap. It isn't like I don't agree with her, our owner is a jackass but still, Malena was a force you wouldn't wanna reckon with.

I walked over to the maids who were dusting the old antiques that cost a thousand dollars each. "Crowely's selling one of us." I said, catching them off guard and Malena whipped around, her pigtails twirling like a whip and Vivian turned and stared at me with wide eyes.

"What? Who, Levy?" Malena ditched her feather duster and walked towards me, surprise and anxiety showing in her features. Vivian hopped down from her ladder that she was standing on to clean the top of the bookcase and moved to stand beside Malena, watching me expectingly.

"I don't know," I shook my head and a blue curl disobeyed my headband as it fell in front of my eyes. I quickly tucked it behind my ear. "All I know is that he's doing it tonight."

Vivian's eyes grew wider and her mouse-like voice spoke, "Tonight?" I nodded.

Malena cursed under her breath, "Have you warned the others?" Again, I shook my head.

"I don't know where they are-" I looked up as I heard the door creak open. I spun around and saw our owner glaring at us as he strode over, his hands in his pockets.

It's one of us...

I felt my stomach flip as I realized that I had a 1 out of 3 chance that I would get out of this hell. I held my breath as he stood in front of us, looking at us each with the same sneering glare.

"Shouldn't you two be working?" He practically growled at Vivian and Malena. Vivian looked down almost guiltily and hurried off to the shelves again to resume her cleaning. Malena returned the growl to him before looking at me and her eyes went soft as she reached out to squeeze my hand before following Vivian, leaving me with Crowely.

"Levy."

I turned my gaze from the maids and up to his gray eyes as I clenched my fists at my sides.

"Follow me." And with that, he turned on his heels and walked out the door.