Chapter 7

Lucy and I walked into the estate garden with Gajeel following. It was gorgeous, elegant rose bushes lined the walkway to a fountain, backed with a stoned balcony overlooking a large forest. Stone walkways and stairs decorated the area around the fountain. Hedges bordered the evergreen grass. Beautiful. Just like the rest of the Fairy Tail estate.

Lucy smiled at me, turning to face me. I stopped in my tracks and turned my focus from the garden to her. Gajeel sat on the rim of the fountain and watched us, well, mostly watched me. "Here is where we will do most of our training." Lucy began. "And right now, I will give an example." She smiled. She then took something off of her belt, a wallet of sone kind, and opened it to reveal golden and silver keys.

I watched in wonder as she removed a particular key, a golden one, and began to chant some kind of spell, "Open, gate of the water bearer; Aquarius!" She pointed the key at the fountain and with a flash of blue light, a mermaid appeared in the water.

I gazed in awe at the beautiful mer-woman who had to have been a goddess or a nymph of some kind. The blue-haired woman looked around then faced Lucy with a deadly glare. "You dare summon me from a kitty pool?" She roared at Lucy.

Lucy, who had confidently shown her magic, now began to shake, backing away with her arms raised in surrender. "I-I was only showing Levy my magic. You were the first spirit I thought of, since you're so pretty and whatnot-"

Aquarius snarled at the blonde. "Oh! I see now, I'm just a little magic trick to show your friends!" She lifted her vase as Lucy began to deny, but not before a giant wave came at us.

I still didn't understand how a tidal wave could come from a fountain, but you can never underestimate magic. I braced myself for the wave beside Lucy. But before I knew it, I was 10 yards away from the fountain.

I watched Lucy get swept out of the garden. I slowly looked up at Gajeel, who's arms were around my waist, his grip tight. His eyes were glaring at the celestial spirit, not at all paying attention to me.

I tugged sheepishly on his arm, feeling my face go pink. "C-Could you let me go?" I asked quietly.

Gajeel looked down at me, as if suddenly realizing he was holding me. He removed his arms from my waist and swore under his breath. He gave me a glare then turned back toward the mansion, grumbling along the way.

I stared after him then I heard Lucy scream. I turned and gasped seeing Lucy submerged in a pool, except, there wasn't a pool. Aquarius must've made a large mound of water in the shape of a cylinder to dunk Lucy in. The mer-woman threw Lucy maybe 50 feet in the air only to have her fall in the pool. She repeated this many times despite Lucy's cries.

I rushed over as Lucy was ascended again. Before I could tell the spirit to stop, a flash of pink flew through the air and grabbed Lucy. I stopped and stared at Natsu who was standing on a pillar, holding a soaking wet Lucy who looked close to passing out. Who the hell was he? Super Mario?

Natau huffed at Aquarius who returned the grunt. Lucy tiredly held up her key and Aquarius disappeared in a flash of blue.

I hurried to the pillar just as Natsu jumped to the ground. "Are you okay, Lucy?" I breathed out

"Eh.." Lucy only responded. She was limp in Natsu's arms, her eyes spinning.

Natsu growled. "I swear that Aquarius is out to kill you." He readjusted his hold then headed back toward the manor. "Sorry about that, Levy." He apologized with a glance at me.

I began to follow after sending a glance at the fountain. "It's fine... as long as she's ok."