Chapter 4

I thought the house was beautiful on the outside, but the interior was extravagant. As soon as I step foot inside the grand entryway, I was surprised that the house members weren't adorned in jewels and silk robes.

The entryway was a large room with marble pillars making a pattern across the room. There were open double doors on each side of the front door. The stairway was decorated with a long, crimson carpet. I thought it was the same carpet that celebrities walked down. A beautifully elegant chandelier hung from the ceiling by what looked like a golden chain. I prayed that my bad luck wouldn't carry through, and I wouldn't be smashed by the piece of art.

The old man, Makarov, I mean, turned around to face me as he stood on the first step of the stairway. Everyone else stopped in front of the short man. "Now, Levy. We know what conditions you lived in before and I'm here to tell you, you won't be a maid anymore." He stated clearly. "We have found you and have brought you here for a reason. Tell me, have you heard of wizards?" Makarov tilted his head slightly to the left.

I silently sighed with relief. I wasn't gonna be a slutty maid as long as I was in this house. But why did they "find" me? Were they searching for me? That's a little creepy...

And wizards? Yes, I've heard of them. They're extraordinary people with fascinating powers. There's many types of magic that wizards can use like, fire or celestial. How did I know all this? Let's just say I 'borrowed' one of Crowley's books. I could honestly just ramble on and on about the topic, but I'm sure putting them to sleep wouldn't be a great first impression.

So I simply nodded. "Yes. They're people who can manipulate magic and usually live in guilds with other wizards." I said recalling the information from the book.

Makarov smiled, in between his wrinkles there were actual dimples. "Smart girl." He nodded, "Now, Fairy Tail is a guild and I am its master," My eyes widened at his words. "And as you said, wizards do join guilds. Now, you have joined."

I blinked, going over his words. Was he implying that I was a wizard? I never used magic or had any supernatural things occur to me. "Erm, you might have the wrong person." I furrowed my brows. "I'm not a wizard."

The old man chuckled. Another voice spoke up and I turned, seeing the blond, Lucy. "Not yet you aren't. You have to learn but you can work with magic."

I stared at her. "How did you know? How'd you even find out that I was a wizard, if I am, and how'd you get me here?" I looked among the group. Everyone just glanced at each other or averted my gaze. The master cleared his throat, making me focus back on him.

"Right now, that isn't important." He stole a glance toward my right of the crowd and I followed it. I spotted the tall man with black hair and hard red eyes, which were trained on me.

For some reason, I couldn't look away. Makarov said a few words but I only heard it like he was talking through a wall. The man was handsome but looked like he could break my arm in just one motion. For a moment, I saw his eyes soften and fill with curiosity and caring nature. He looked me up and down and that's when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I broke the staring contest and looked to see Lucy and most of the crowd, including the master, gone.

"Are you okay? You looked completely dazed. Gramps said that I was to show you your room and let you get settled." Lucy said, her chocolate brown eyes looking at me questioningly.

I mentally slapped myself back into reality and smiled. "O-Okay." I followed her up the stairs, glancing toward where the man was but saw only an empty floor.

"You can meet everyone tomorrow but for now, you and all of us should get some rest. You did come at two o'clock in the morning." She said as she walked down the hall on the second floor.

I just agreed then after a few seconds, we stopped in front of a wooden door. As she reached for the handle, I asked a question. "Lucy, do you really think I'm a wizard?" I asked solemnly.

She looked to me. "I believe you could be an amazing wizard. Believe me, I didn't really believe it myself when I was told I was a wizard. And I was ten. You're just a tiny bit late."

She opened the door and turned on the lights, illuminating a rather large bedroom with a TV, a comfy looking bed, a couple dressers and a room that led off into a bathroom, I guessed. The walls were a soft baby blue and there were two windows on each side of the bed with white curtains. One wall had a desk on it with floating shelves above it. I let out a soft gasp. I never had a room this size or quality before. Lucy smiled at my reaction. "I'm sure you're going to love it here." She said goodnight and walked out. I stepped into the beautiful room.

I dropped my backpack by the door and walked to the bed. Feeling the soft comforter under my hand made me smile. I knew I wouldn't have a problem sleeping tonight. I was about to take off my clothes to change into my pajamas but jumped and whipped around when the door closed. He was there.

What is this guy's issue?

"C-Can I help you?" I stuttered a bit. He only looked at me before walking to me. I stepped back only meet the bed and silently cursed under my breath. The man stopped in front of me and I had to tilt my head back to look up at his face.
A small smirk appeared on his face.

"Cute."

I blinked. "What?"

He reached his hand up and put it on top of my head before pulling it to his chest. "Your size. It's cute. You really are a shrimp. And your hair, not an ugly blue. I like it." He stated like he was observing an experiment as he twirled a strand of my hair. He continued stating what he liked about my appearance. I stared at him in disbelief.

What

The

Hell?

I pulled my head back and sat down on the bed, causing him to frown as his hand remained in the air where he was playing with my hair. "Alright, fair enough. That might've been unusual for you." He shrugged as his eyes suddenly went back to their hard demeanor.

"Unusual? Yes, a guy coming in my room who starts hitting on me is unusual." I said, my face already feeling warm.

His grin returned with a slight chuckle. "Your blush is cute, too." That only caused me to blush more and I looked away.

"I'm Gajeel." He introduced. Wow, he's saying his name now. "And you're Levy." He said as he gently grabbed my chin and turned my face to him. "Of course, I already know that because I'm the one that found and saved you, Shrimp."