X1

Annalise Cullen sat in her car staring out her tinted windows at the students that covered the parking lot. She didn't want to get out. She wanted to start her car and head back to her one bedroom house and stay there.

Why?

She knew the moment she stepped out of the car and everyone looked at her they would start talking. About what, you ask? How unnaturally beautiful she was, how pale her skin was, how blue her eyes were, how pink her lips are and how dark her hair was. They always found something about her that was to hard to ignore. So, taking a deep breath she reaches over into the seat, grabs her shades, her cap and her bag before stepping out of the car. She quickly puts on her shades and cap just before pulling her bag strap onto her shoulder. Taking a deep breath she, her head down to hide her face, headed towards the front entrance.

She looked around and she spotted the main office to her right and quickly but calmly moves the big wooden door. With a soft knock, she enters the office and moved towards the marble top counter,"What can I help you with sweetie?" An almost elderly woman with graying hair and light tanned skin asked her with a smile. Her hair was cut short, stopping just below her jaw bone, and was blowing in all directions due to the fan behind her.

Annalise lifts her head and meets her gaze head on,"My name is Annalise Cullen and I've come for my schedule." She says politely.

She watched as the woman's eyes widen as she meets her gaze. She really had to fight back the urge to walk out of the building. Instead, she offered a small smile,"Okay, le -let me find your schedule." She says.

"Thank you." Annalise says.

She watches as the woman searches through a stack of papers in search for her schedule. As she watched the woman the sound of the office door, behind her, being opened got the attention of the woman,"Edward, how nice to see you." She says with a smile,"Whatever you need, just give me a moment, I'm searching for a schedule."

As if in slow motion, the fan circled its way towards Annalise, blowing her hair back behind her. Having never smelled anything like her before the monster in him broke free and before he could stop himself, Edward moved directly behind Annalise, wrapped his arm around her middle, held her against him, lifted his right hand, pushed her hair aside and lowered his mouth to her neck, sinking his teeth deep into her skin.

Annalise felt her eyes widen as she took in a sharp breath at his teeth piercing her skin. She could feel and hear him drinking her blood as his hold on her tightened around her. Her eyes quickly fell on to a very frightened receptionist. Their eyes met and she could see all the fear she held. She thought she was next.

She had to stop this. She had to put an end to this so, taking as deep as a breath as she could Annalise spoke her next words slowly,"It's time for me to stop and unwind...For me to do that I need time to Stop and Rewind."

And just like that...Time stopped. Annalise quickly stepped away from the Edward guy and turned around to get a good look at him. He looked...hungry and scared even. He had pale skin, just like hers, dark pools as eyes and his hair was a dark brown/bronze color. She also noticed the dark blackish purple marks beneath his eyes.

As the scene before her starts to rewind, she closes her eyes she takes a deep breath and lifts her hand to her neck before pulling away and looking at it. Sure enough it was covered in blood. So, she reached up, placed her hand ocer her wound and closed her eyes. She could feel her skin, the wound, healing itself. After a moment her wound was healed completely just in time to move back in the place she was before.

The sound of the office door, behind her, opening got the attention of the receptionist,"Edward, how nice to see you." She says with a smile,"Whatever you need just give me a moment, I'm searching for a schedule."

Annalise gaze fell onto the fan just as it started making it's way around. So, rather quietly, she whispers the word,"Stop." The fan suddenly stops circulating.

"If it makes no difference to either of you I can wait while you help him." Annalise says softly.

"Got it!" The woman exclaimed,"Annalise Cullen. Such a beautiful name for a beautiful girl." She says.

Annalise smiles,"Thank you. You are very kind." She says as she takes her schedule from her.

"I hope you enjoy your time here at Forks High."

Annalise nods,"As do I." She states before turning around. She meets Edwards gaze, from beneath her cap, for a quick two seconds before she disappears through the doors and down the hall, leaving Edward to stand there, watching after her.