X4

After lunch Annalise found herself outside, loving the cool winter air, sitting on the hood of her car watching as students continued to walk around and talk about whatever they thought was important. She truly didn't understand why people thought that the most UN-important things were actually important. There are much more important things in the world to worry about than what one should wear on a date or if they're pretty enough for someone.

"Annalise?" Bella's voice drifted her way.

Shifting her gaze, she watched as Bella clumsily made her way in her direction. Bella was a nice girl, very pretty, which made Annalise wonder why she was not in a relationship. 

"Yes?" 

"I was wondering if you'd like to come over after school and hang out?" she questioned. 

She went to answer but the sound of screeching tires caught her attention. Glancing to her right, she saw that a minibus had lost control and was sliding their way rather fast, "Bella! Move!" she screams before hoping off the car and pushing Bella out of the way, sending her back a few feet, her landing on her butt.

"Annalise!" she heard her name being screamed before she felt her body being thrown into the air, the air knocked from her lungs just before she landed on top of someones car, "No!" 

Annalise fought to catch her breath but it was becoming more and more difficult as she felt blood fill her lungs. She was going to drown in her own blood. Lifting her hand, she placed it over her heart and closed her eyes. Not even five seconds later did her eyes fly open as a familiar pain flooded her neck. Blinking, she looked to her left to find that a blond haired male was the cause of the sudden yet familiar pain. He'd wrapped his hand around her neck as he sank his teeth deeper into her flesh, her blood flowing down his throat as he sucked the life out of her.

"Jasper!" someone screams.

Suddenly, she no longer felt the weight of his body on her own nor his teeth in her flesh but she did feel her life slipping as the seconds passed. So, closing her eyes once again, she began chanting. 

It's time for me to stop and unwind...for me to do that I need time to stop and rewind.

Suddenly, she found herself standing over her body, watching her chest rise and fall quickly  with difficulty. Glancing over her shoulder, she found the Cullen Family all staring at her body in complete and utter horror as they held back the blond male who's lips were stained with her blood and who's eyes were filled with nothing but hunger as a snarl had escaped his lips. Taking a deep breath, her gaze drifted around the lot as she watched the student body and a few teachers stare at the Cullen Family in horror. They've just witnessed one of the Cullen members sink their teeth into her. 

The Cullen's were outed. 

Everyone now knew what they were.

Vampires.

The word , rewind,  escaped her lips before she watched the scene before her unfold. She then lifted a hand to her neck and closed her eyes. She needed to erase any and all traces of blood and or foul play. Once she felt her neck healing, she looks up to watch every thing unfold. Watching everything in reverse caused her to flinch. Not at the fact that she had been bitten, once again, by one of the Cullens but at the reality that she could have died, that she wouldn't have been killed by the minibus hitting her but by the hands of a vampire. She had nothing against them, she's run into a few once before, but dying by their hand wasn't something she wanted. She wanted to die of natural causes but she knew that would never happen. She wasn't a natural being. She didn't know WHAT she was. All she knew was that she wasn't normal so how could she think she'd die...normally?

Once she was where she wanted to be, Annalise found herself no longer watching from the sidelines but back inside her own body, staring at Bella with wide eyes, "Bella! Move!" she screams before hoping off the car and pushing Bella out of the way, sending her back a few feet, her landing on her butt. 

She turned her gaze onto the out of control minibus as it headed her way. She went to raise her hand to stop it but before she could she found herself being pulled out of the way and pressed against something cold and hard. She cringed at the sound of the bus hitting her car.

"Anna!" she heard Bella's screams of horror.

She wanted to scream out and let her know that she was okay but she was to focused on what - who- had pulled her from in front of that bus. Lifting her gaze, she found herself coming face to face with someones chest. So, her gaze traveled from his chest, to his neck and on up until she came eye to eye with a pair of dark irises. 

Edward Cullen.

He'd been the one to stop her from becoming a permanent member of Forks Hospital Morgue. He'd saved her life AND saved their family from being exposed.

Even though she knew HOW she couldn't help the question escape her lips, "H -How? How'd you get over to me so fast?" she questioned, her gaze still holding his.

He'd frozen at her question, a look of panic flooding his features before a blank look covered it, "Alise, I was standing next to your car." he says.

She shakes her head, "You and I BOTH know that's a lie. You were over by the door. You were walking out with your family." she says, "I saw you." she says.

Edward holds her gaze, "I think you're just scared and your mind is going a mile a minute. You don't know what you saw." 

Annalise takes a deep breath and sighs before resting her head on his chest, his entire body stiffens at her actions, "No, I know what I saw. You saved my life, risking you and your family's exposure." she says softly, her body growing weak suddenly, "I think I'm going to pass out." she says, lifting her gaze to meet his.

"Annalise -"

"Vampire." she breaths before going limp in his arms.