X17

Annalise found Edward standing at the edge of a cliff, his hands in at his sides and his head down. She didn't have to see his face to know the look on his face.

"You were right. I should have walked away. I never should have fell in love with you." his voice wrapped around her like a silk blanket but his words pierced her heart like a dagger. "Loving you will bring my downfall."

Annalise took a breath then moved to stand beside him. "Do you really believe that?" she asked and looked up at him.

Edward didn't look at her. "I don't know. I love you, Annalise, with everything in me,"

"But...?"

"If loving you, and being with you, means I have to lose you quicker than I found you then...I just - I can't help but wonder..."

"If I'm worth loving? Worth knowing?"

Edward turned his head and looked at her as she stared out at the woods in front of them. He couldn't read the expression on her face because she didn't wear one.

Edward turned his body to fully face her and gently turned her so that she was facing him. He then cupped her cheeks in his cool hands and gazed down into her eyes.

"I believe finding your soulmate is a once in a lifetime experience. You only get one soulmate. They are literally the other half of you. And that's what you are to me, Annalise. You are my other half. If we'd never met, I believe I would have known my life wasn't complete and I would have wandered this world in search of you, even if I didn't know who I was looking for." he stated and stepped closer. "The only thing worse than loving you and losing you is to have never been given the chance to love you at all."

Annalise lifted her hands to his face and pulled his lips down onto hers. She kissed him with a passion neither have ever known. She felt her cheat tighten and her heart fill with warmth as it felt like it was about to burst.

After a moment, she pulled away and rested her forehead against his, her hands still on either sides of his face. "I'm not going anywhere, not without you." She lifted her head and met his gaze. "Okay? You're not going to lose me."

Cullen stiffly nodded. "Okay."

Annalise kissed his lips once again then wrapped her arms around his middle and pressed the side of her face against his chest. Cullen tightly wrapped his arms around her and kissed her hair, his lips lingering on her hair.

"I love you, Annalise."

Annalise smiled. "I love you, too, Cullen."

Later That Night

Annalise and Edward sat on the couch at the Cullen's residence watching The Choice.

Travis Shaw (Benjamin Walker) is a ladies' man who thinks a serious relationship would cramp his easygoing lifestyle. Gabby Holland (Teresa Palmer) is a feisty medical student who's preparing to settle down with her long-term boyfriend (Tom Welling). Fate brings the two together as Gabby moves next door to Travis, sparking an irresistible attraction that upends both of their lives. As their bond grows, the unlikely couple must decide how far they're willing to go to keep the hope of love alive.

(SPOILER ALERT)

Annalise found the movie quite interesting and entertaining. A part of her hadn't expected, Gabby Holland, Teresa Palmer's to cheat on Tom Welling's character with Travis Shaw, Benjamin Walkers character. Yes, Travis was a very attractive man but that didn't make cheating okay. But another part of her expected Gabby to cheat despite how much she didn't come off as the type of person who would cheat. Based off her reactions of Travis, Gabby cheating on her boyfriend with Travis Shaw was inevitable.

Annalise had to be honest. Though she was not one who condoned cheating, she had to admit that she did like Travis Shaw and Gabby Holland as a couple. They were perfect for each other. She just wished that their relationship hadn't caused the heartbreak of another.

"What are you thinking about?" Cullen asked her suddenly.

"The heartbreak her boyfriend had to have felt when she told him about her and Travis." Annalise said.

"Can I ask you a question?" He asked.

"Sure."

"Would you or have you ever considered doing the same thing? Cheating I mean." He asked.

Annalise tore her gaze from the television screen and met his gaze head on.

"Are you worried that, that'll happen with us?" She asked honestly.

Edward looked at the television screen then met her gaze, again.

"Things happen. Life happens. People grow apart and grow closer to others when they least expect it."

Annalise took his hand in hers and locked their fingers together. "I've never cheated, I would never cheat nor have I ever considered cheating." She stated softly. "It's hard to do either when you've never been in a relationship before."

Edward stated at her with slightly wide eyes, his lips apart. "Ever?"

Annalise nods. "Does that really come as a shock to you after everything you've learned about me?"

He nodded. "I know you said you don't get close to anyone and that you've always  kept to yourself but I never would have guessed that you've never been in any kind of relationship." He said. "What about your human life? I'm sure the male gender that surrounded you threw themselves at you."

Annalise nodded. "Maybe but no one I ever wanted. Like you, I wanted someone who didn't take one look at me and decided they wanted me because of how I appeared. I wanted someone who could take one look at me and want me because they truly wanted to get to know the person that I am." She stated truthfully. "My appearance shouldn't be the reason behind ones interest."

Edward lifted a hand to her cheek and  pressed his forehead against hers before he closed his eyes and took in her sweet and intoxicating scent.

"I love you and everything that makes you who you are and that will never change." He stated.

Annalise smiled. "I love you and everything that makes you who you are, too. And that, too, will never change." She leaned in and kissed his lips. "You're forever stuck with me."

Edward smiled.

"With you, at your side, is where I'll always want to be."