Chapter Two

Sacramento, California

Wendy's POV

The sack was taken off my head, revealing to me the face of my kidnappers. Isa sa kanila ay isang politiko na, let's just say, ay loved by the public because of his platforms and nice speeches.

Syanga pala, ako si Wendy Alexandria Bezarius. I'm currently in Sacramento, California for a bloody undercover mission. But I was found out. Dang it!

"So, are you with the FBI? You look rather young."

"It's a shame Cong. Winters. You are rather loved by the people." I gave him a smirk.

"Do you really think politicians would reach where they are now without a few shady works? Now, you tell me who paid you or I'll break your pretty little face."

I smirked once again and I noticed his frown. He motioned to one of his men and that man punched me in the face. I tasted the metallic taste of blood and spat it.

"You dare punch me? You are so gonna regret it!" I glared at him.

He was gonna punch me again when a phone rang.

"Whose phone is that? Turn that thing off!" sigaw ni Congressman.

"Sir, it's yours."

"Oh. Excuse me."

He took his phone and answered it. His face suddenly turned sour and faced me.

"It's for you."

Itinapat nya ang cellphone sa taenga ko.

"Hello?"

[Agent Six. The director wants to speak to you.] the voice of my technical partner and cousin, Augustus, said on the other end of the line.

"Like now? Nasa gitna ako nang trabaho." asik ko. Nag-tagalog ako para di nila maintindihan.

[Eh, gusto ka daw makausap ng biological mother mo.] natigilan ako. Biological mother ko? Matagal-tagal ko naring hindi nakikita at nakakausap Mommy ko.

"Fine. Matatapos na naman ako."

I motioned na kunin ang cellphone. Ginawa nila and that's when I took the chance. Sinipa ko ang isa sa dalawang lalakeng nakahawak sa akin. Tapos iniuntog ko sya sa isa pa. Sinuntok ko naman yung sumontok sakin and added a strong kick.

"Told you you're gonna regret it." I smirked and flung him to the wall.

I walked up to the Congressman and gave him my sweetest smile. "You're not gonna participate in the next election. 'Cause you know, you'll be in jail. So much for your good looks."

I gave him a roundhouse kick at nawalan sya ng malay. I took my phone from his pocket and dialled Augustus' number.

"Get me a clean up crew here. At tsaka nasa basement ang mga babaeng kinidnap nya. So much for human trafficking." I said. "Oh, asan na daw ang Director?"

[Bumalik ka nalang sa hotel room mo.]

*****

"You wanted to talk to me sir?" I asked and stood in attention in front of the hologram of my boss, the Director of the CIA. Richard Bezarius.

"This is a personal matter, Wendy." Oh yeah, he can't speak Tagalog, but he can understand the language nonethless.

"Then you should've called me on my phone, dad. Or we could've done Skype."

"Wendy, your mom wants you home." he said.

So that's why. Sampung taon ko nang hindi nakikita nanay ko. Sampung taon na akong hindi nakakabalik sa Pilipinas.

"Why should I go back to that country? I'm doing fine here already. I'm leading a good life in New Orleans." asik ko.

"Wendy, forgive her already." sabi ng tatay ko. "She probably wants to spend time with you. She's still your mother."

"The fact that she abandoned me and let her parents take care of me, proves she's not much of a mother figure. And she didn't even object when you took me." napabuntong hininga ako. "Then nine years ago, nalaman ko nalang na may iba pa syang anak at pinakasalan nya ang tatay. She never even invited me in the bloody occasion."

"Just see her. It's for your own good. It's probably a good thing if you spend some time with her."

"What do you mean?"

"Live a normal high school life in the Philippines. I think you need it."

"But dad-"

"No buts. You'll be stationed in the Philippines and live a normal life as much as you can."

"Bloody hell!!"

*****

Nakarating na ako sa bahay ng nanay ko. At least bahay nya at ng pamilya nya.

"Wendy, welcome!" bati ng nanay ko. I just gave her a smile.

"This is my husband Rex and your little brother, Nicholas."

Nakita ko ang mag-amang magkamukhang magkamukha.

"Welcome sa Pilipinas, Wendy." bati ng asawa ni Mommy.

"Call me Nick." sabi naman ng half-brother ko.

"Nakakapag-Tagalog ako don't worry, pero may mga words na hindi ko naiintindihan." saad ko. "Now, where will I sleep?"

At supper, we ate silently. Awkward much?

"So, Wendy. Tell us something about you?" my mother said, breaking the ice.

"Well, I love black. I'm an aspiring writer. I love reading books. And, I do martial arts." sagot ko.

"Ganon ba?" tumawa si Mommy. "I love reading books too. Siguro nakuha mo yun sakin."

"Siguro nga."

"Wendy, I was planning on enrolling you to SVIS." Uncle Rex interjected.

"Do they accept late enrollees?"

"They will. May shares ako sa school na yun, at principal ang mommy mo dun."

"Okay po."

Napansin kong napakatahimik ni Nick. Makausap nga yan mamaya.

"Hm, Wendy, nabanggit ng mommy mo na nabanggit daw ng daddy mo na you have exceptional skills in Arithmitic." sabi ulit ni Uncle Rex.

"Uh, hindi naman po sa ganun."

"And magaling ka rin sa Verbal Communication. You'd be good in business."

"Rex." tawag ni Mom.

"What do you say, Wendy? Would you like to give it a try? If you do good, I'll ensure a high position for you at Lagdameo Industries." pagpatuloy nya.

"Rex, she's only 17." sabat ni Mommy.

"It'll be fine Faye."

"It's fine Mom. Okay lang siguro kung may maitutulong ako kay Uncle Rex." I gave them a smile.

Biglang tumayo si Nick sa hapagkainan at ini-excuse sarili nya. Well someone doesn't like me.