Chapter 6

Brad looked at the charts and then over at the boy.

"Who are you?" He murmured to himself. He still would have sworn blind that the boy lying asleep in front of him was in some way related to his friend. But he was taking Gibb's advice and keeping an eye on him, just in case.

Tony looked shocked as Fornell and Gibbs told him what had happened.

"Really?" His voice sounded skeptical. "He says he's me? What is this, a rerun of the twilight zone?"

Gibbs smiled a bit, "We didn't say he was you DiNozzo, just said the kid is using your name and looks like you, according to Brad Pitt who found him outside of Bethesda ER."

Tony ran his hand through his hair in, what to Gibbs was, a familiar gesture of frustration.

"I don't have kids, you know that."

"You know, you have a reputation DiNutso." Fornell smirked.

"And you know that most of it is smoke and mirrors." Tony snapped, "And you know why." He frowned as he said it.

Fornell nodded and handed Tony a piece of paper, "This is your statement, that as far as you know this is a case of mistaken Identity, and that you agree to be released into the full time custody of a federal agent until the matter is resolved."

"What? Who?" Tony snapped at the thought of having to be watched twenty-four hours a day.

"Me." Gibbs said. "You'll stay with me until this is sorted out. Fornell and Vance cleared it."

Tony relaxed a bit, "Good, I can see who's framing me."

Fornell coughed as he shook his head, "Nope, Vance and my boss are adamant on this, this is an FBI Case no investigating." Fornell smirked a bit at Tony for a moment, "Although I am concerned about that cough of yours, did you get it here? It seems nasty, maybe we should head down to Bethesda, get that lung doc of yours to check you out. You know with your medical history and all." Fornell winked.

Tony caught it and coughed for dramatic effect.

"Come on." Gibbs said and they headed out of interrogation, Tony smirking at Sacks' dour face, as they walked past.

Tonio woke up, the sounds of bustling disturbing him. He lay silent for a moment as he felt someone else in the room with him.

He hurt from the beatings he had received earlier and figured if they didn't know he was awake, they couldn't hurt him again.

For the first time in as long as he could remember he was truly alone and he felt it, his mother was dead, he couldn't go to his uncle and his grandfather had made it clear he was dead to any members of the family. The worst part was he hadn't done anything. He hated the DiNozzo's, they hadn't been there for his mother at all after his father died. He had tried to contact them when he was about twelve and his Grandfather had seen him. He had brought a bus ticket and gone to Long Island, hoping to find out information about his father. Senior had laughed at him and tossed him out, telling him a Macaluso would never be welcome in his house. Reluctantly, he had called his uncle who had driven down to pick him up, promising him that he would never have to feel like that again.

His uncle had lied.

He didn't know why he was alone, but he was, it was about time he stopped wallowing in self pity and stopped allowing himself to be a target. He needed to leave, to reinvent himself and find some work and somewhere to live, after all, at nearly nineteen years old he should be able to look after himself.

He was hungry, he hadn't eaten in over 24 hours and he needed somewhere to stay, he hoped while he was 'out', that no one had taken the money that 'Ratz had given him. Then it hit him, he had been wearing a gun!