Chapter 7

Tony stood back as Brad and his team looked over the boy. "He's gonna need another Cat Scan, I'm not happy about this."

Gibbs placed a hand on his shoulder, feeling his son shake beneath him.

"Sorry Tony, you're going to have to wait outside until he comes back from his test."

Brad said as Gibbs guided him out of the room and over to a set of chairs, sitting him down as he turned to Fornell.

"We aren't going to be leaving here for a while, I know we can't investigate your case, but I'm putting Ziva and Tim on the assault case."

"He's not navy?" Fornell argued, "I'm sure Baltimore PD will be on it."

Tony stood up, "He's a federal agent's dependant, I want to know who did this to him... To us." Tony's eyes flashed dark green with anger. He turned to Gibbs, "Ziva and Tim don't need to know about him yet, get them to dig up as much as they can on Mike Macaluso and see if they have anything on... Maria Macaluso. I'll deal with Father." Tony turned, pulling his phone out of his pocket, but keeping within Gibb's sightline so Fornell couldn't arrest him again.

"He's mad." Fornell said.

Gibbs looked at him incredulously. "Wouldn't you be?"

Fornell looked abashed, "You know what I mean Jethro, he's just had this all dumped on him and you don't think you should keep an eye on him."

Gibbs looked at Tony pacing in the corner of the waiting room, "You find out if his kid murdered your Fed... And Tobias, don't mess it up. We can find out why they were both lied to, but Tony and Tonio need this done right, if they were set up back then, there's no reason not to believe they are being set up now. Keep Sacks on a leash will you?"

Tobias nodded, "I will, just don't forget Tony stays in your sight at all times, do not leave him here to chase your case."

Gibbs glared at him and turned and walked towards Tony, who had just shoved his phone in his pocket.

"You talk to him?" Gibbs asked.

Tony nodded, "Didn't tell him what was happening, just told him I'd found some interesting information out and he might want to come to DC. He's in Italy again, so he'll be here in a week."

"Ok, so I'll call Ziva and McGee and get them to look up the Macaluso end, I won't tell them anything about the boy..."

"You mean my son." Tony said darkly.

"You don't know that for sure." Gibbs said, wanting to prepare him just in case it was a mistake.

Tony laughed sadly, "Look at him dad, he's the spitting image of me, apart from the bits that remind me of Maria, there is no question about it, we were lied to, both me and Tonio."

"As soon as we get all the information we need, we'll bring both Macaluso and your father in."

Tony laughed, "You know, I was sent to infiltrate the Macaluso family when I was with Baltimore PD. They didn't know about my past with them or my family connections and I needed closure so I went. Just before we went for the arrest, I thought I saw Maria and a child. I was convinced, but I never caught up to them, I just thought it was wishful thinking. He would have been about 6 or 7, if I had known then, we could have been together. I could have been the father I should be."

"You didn't know then, you can't keep beating yourself up over what if's." Gibbs sighed and sat down in a chair. "You're here now Tony. What do you want to do?"

Tony paced a few times, it wasn't a loaded question, but it was a heavy one.

"I'm not letting him down again, I'm his father and I intend to be there. Fornell can't charge him with impersonating a Federal Agent, because he didn't."