Chapter 11

Tony sighed as he stared at his coffee.

It felt wrong sitting here having time to himself while his son was ill in a hospital bed.

"How you doing?" Tim asked looking over at his friend. "I mean, finding out you are a father and falling into all this is pretty big."

"It is." Tony agreed, "But it's also great, you know... It's like, I got a second chance. I wish I had known that Maria was alive, things would have been different. I would have been different." He looked down at his cup as he dampened down another wave of anger at what had been done to him and his son.

"So you were married?" Tim asked.

"Kinda glad that no one ever measured up to Maria." Tony replied sidestepping the question, " Otherwise I would have unknowingly been a bigamist. But she was the one, ya know. No one could ever hold a candle to her." He smiled as he remembered the way her hair would shine in the sunlight and her smile as she looked up at him.

"I can see you loved her very much." Tim said looking at the face of his friend.

"I was broken when I came back to America believing she was dead. I had had my heart ripped from my body and would never love anyone again the way I loved her."

Tim looked over with a wistful look on his face, "I hope that one day I can find a love like that." He sighed.

Tony drained the last of his cup, "If you do Tim, you keep her and never let her go." He advised seriously, then stood up and Tim joined him.

"So what's next with Tonio?" Tim asked as they left the canteen to head back to the room.

"He has a checkup with Dr. Matthews and then some more tests, I think an X-ray. Hopefully he'll be awake and ready by the time we get back." Tony smiled.

Both Agents nodded to the Agent on duty as they showed their badges to enter, "He's not in there sirs, a Dr La Morte came and took him. Dr. Matthews was indisposed."

Tony cocked his head to one side, "Are you trying to be funny Agent Deacon?" He growled menacingly, "Dr. Death took my son to X-ray?"

"No a Dr. Nino La Morte, I checked his ID." Agent Deacon argued.

Tony threw his hands up in frustration and turned to Tim, "You keep him away from me before I do something that I will regret... And get me security! I need to find my son."

He quickly dialed Gibbs' number and filled him in on the situation. "We will have to tell Ziva now, I need all hands to help my find my son." Then turning to Agent Deacon, He glared at him and summoned every part of his father that he could and verbally berated the newly fledged agent until the man was shaking.

At his desk in the bullpen, Gibbs sat down heavily on his chair. "Very well son, I'll tell her and I'll try and get as many bodies as possible there to help with the search." He closed his phone and turned to Ziva. "I'll be back in a moment, gear up but don't leave the bullpen." he ordered and took the stairs two at a time up to the Director's office.

He didn't wait to knock, knowing that Leon was alone, he walked straight in.

"Gibbs?" Leon asked surprised his agent was here.

"I left Tim with Tony." He explained, "Tonio has been kidnapped from the hospital."

"The boy?" Leon asked.

"Tony's son." He confirmed. "I was going to tell you later, but Tim and Tony went to eat and then when they got back the Agent you sent to guard Tonio let a Mafia hood walk off with him."