The Wanderer: Chapter 1

It had been ten years since Zelda had seen Link last. She couldn't remember much of him anymore besides the sadness in his eyes as she asked him for the Ocarina of Time. He had fought so hard and for so long, and they were finally reunited. Ganondorf was defeated and balance was restored to Hyrule.

"Thank you, Link... Thanks to you, Ganondorf has been sealed inside the Evil Realm! Thus, peace will once again reign in this world... for a time. All the tragedy that has befallen Hyrule was my doing. I was so young. I could not comprehend the consequences of trying to control the Sacred Realm. I dragged you into it, too. Now it is time for me to make up for my mistakes. You must lay the Master Sword to rest and close the Door of Time. However, by doing this, the road between our times will be closed." She explained with sadness.

"Link, give the Ocarina to me. As a Sage, I can return you to your original time with it. When peace returns to Hyrule it will be time for us to say good-bye. Now, go home, Link. Regain your lost time! Thank you... Link... Good-bye." Zelda stated.

She then brought the Ocarina of Time to her lips and a gentle, sweet tune. Link reached out to her just before he was transported back to his original time.

"We will meet again I'm sure of it." Zelda whispered under her breath as she clutched the Ocarina of Time close to her chest.

Years had passed and the Hero of Time was never to be seen again. It was almost as if he didn't exist at all. It was as if the Princess had dreamt him up. But deep down she knew he was out there...somewhere.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A festival was being held in Castle Town, and all corners of Hyrule came together to be apart of this celebration.

Zelda was to present herself to the public. She was to announce the reasonings for today's celebration. A speech in regards to this time of peace. She wanted to remind them of the Hero of Time. The mysterious man with the soul of a child, who fought for Hyrule and protected the Triforce.

"Milady the guards are here to escort you." The Captain of the Royal guard informed the Princess.

She was currently being fitted by her many hand maidens behind a shoji screen.

"Thank you ladies." She appreciated as she stepped out from behind the screen fully clothed.

"You're scheduled to appear before the kingdom at noon Milday." The Princess' Royal advisor reminded.

"Did you read through what I had written, Raurur?" She asked.

"Yes Milday, your words are very moving." He praised.

The Princess was visibly nervous. She wanted to do Link justice. She wanted the people to remember what he did for them; what he did for her.

"Relax Milady you will do just fine. The people adore you just as much as I do. I know how much this day means to you, and the people will see that after you speak with them." Rauru comforted.

"Thank you Rauru. I don't know what I would do without you." The Princess sighed.

"You'd be just fine, I have no doubt." He laughed causing his belly to shake.

"Knock'em dead Princess." He chuckled as he made his way out of the room.

Nauru was an old man but had the spirit of a spry young fellow. He was loyal and very devoted to Hyrule. He was a most trusted ally and had worked for the Royal family for nearly two generations.

"The people are ready for you, Milday." A guard stated as he pulled back the curtain and opened the glass panel doors to the balcony.

Zelda took a couple deep breaths in an attempt to calm her nerves before she stepped outside. Once she felt prepared enough she took a step forward. As she made her way through the door way a cloaked figure appeared on the balcony.

The figure quickly shoved past the Princess and bolted inside the room. He quickly became engaged with the many members of the Royal guard within the room. This strange figure acted with such speed it was difficult to figure out exactly who he was.

The stranger was rather tall and wore a black cloak that dragged onto the floor. He wore his hood up and had a black scarf wrapped around the bottom half of his face. The only part of him that was visible was his eyes. They were a striking blue that the Princess felt she somehow recognized.

Zelda watched the stranger cut down her guards with ease. He showed no signs of hesitation as he killed more and more of her men.

"Please stop!" She cried.

The stranger then paused. He turned his head towards her. She stared into his eyes and looked for some sort of connection with this murderer.

"What is it you want?" She questioned.

"Money?" She inquired.

He nodded his head no silently to answer her question.

"Then what?" She asked.

He then silently pointed towards the Princess.

"Me?" She inquired.

He then nodded his head yes in response.

"If I go with you will you let these men live?" She asked.

Those of her men that were not already dead were injured and needed medical attention right away. Zelda cared for each and everyone of her people and hated to see them suffer.

The stranger then chuckled and shrugged his shoulders in response to her offer.

"I need you to promise me that if I go with you, you will not harm these men!" She demanded.

He then laughed at her frustration. It was a familiar laugh. She recognized it.

"Who are you?" She asked as she stepped towards him.

"No more questions! Come with me, or your men die." He spoke.

She then looked back at her men and saw that they were battered and bruised. They would not survive another attack from this stranger.

"I will go with you." Zelda stated as she walked towards him.

"Milady don't!" One of the guards exclaimed.

The stranger did not hesitate to silence him with one slash of his sword.

"Leave them be!" She demanded.

He rolled his eyes as he made his way towards her. In one quick, smooth motion her scooped her up in her arms and bolted out through the balcony.