The Wanderer: Chapter 2

The stranger was clearly quite agile. He leapt from the balcony while carrying the Princess in his arms. He landed simply on his feet without staggering. The crowd below shouted in surprise as they watched him land and then sprint through the crowd with her in his arms. 

"He's kidnapping her!" A voice shouted in the midst of the crowd. 

Guards chased the kidnapper through the crowd. They pushed and shoved through the mass of people but they were not quick enough. 

 It wasn't long before the assailant had reached the front gates. 

There was a horse waiting there. A horse that Zelda somewhat recognized.

"Release the Princess!" A guard shouted as he jumped down from his post before the front gate of Castle Town. 

He was clearly a fresh recruit for he was small and thin. He was visibly young. He must have been posted at the front gate to keep watch, not to fight and defend. The Princess feared what this kidnapper would do to him.

The stranger quickly tossed Zelda to the ground. 

"Hey!" She exclaimed as she picked herself up out of the dirt. 

The man quickly unsheathed his sword and pointed it towards the guard. 

"Stop it! Don't! Please!" She begged.

This stranger cut down that boy without a second thought. This horrified the Princess. She was disgusted by this man. 

 He faced the Princes with his sword dripping with blood. 

"You monster!" She shouted.

The Princess felt a rock under her hand and quickly grasped it. IN one quick fluid motion she threw the rock at her kidnapper. This stranger appeared surprised at this attack and did not dodge the object in time. It hit him just above his eye. Blood was drawn and could be visibly seen dripping down his face. It was in great contrast to the sharp blue of his eyes. 

In anger he quickly grabbed the Princes by my wrist and bent it back causing it to pop out of place. She cried out in response as pain instantly shot through her arm. He then took the handle of his sword and jabbed it against her head causing the Princess to fall unconscious.