The Wanderer: Chapter 4

They had managed to make it to the hideout without the Royal Guard tailing behind them. Link easily out ran them and threw them of his trail.

Zelda still remain unconscious as he rode through the gates.

He first dismounted Epona, and then scooped the Princess up into his arms. She was lighter than she looked. Link took a short moment to appreciate her features as well. She was striking. Link quickly snapped out of it and continued on his mission.

There was a quiet murmur of thieves within the hideout. It was early in the morning and many of them were still asleep or out committing crimes. Link eyed a few of them as they stared at the Princess in his arms.

"Hey leave her with us boy! We want to have a bit of fun with her before you turn her in and get your bounty." One of the thieves laughed.

Link was disgusted by them.

"Come on its been a while since I've gotten some good cosset." The other joked.

Link shot them both a glare before leaving the room with Zelda still unconscious in his arms.

She began to stir slightly. Link silently cursed to himself. He knew he couldn't leave her unattended. He knew the thieves would have their way with her. Link felt as if he need to protect her for some strange reason. So he took her into his room on impulse.

There he gently set her on his bed, her hands still tied.

She murmured in her sleep softly. Link tried to here what she was saying but could not quite make it out.

She intrigued him more than he cared to admit. There was just something about her that called to him.

Zelda began to awake slowly. Her eyes slowly fluttered open and then instantly honed in on Link.

She began to recall all of the recent events.

"Where am I?" She demanded.

"You're safe." He promised.

Zelda took a moment to take in her surroundings.

"If I am safe why do I need this?" She asked as she gestured towards the rope that bound her hands.

"So I can be safe. Who knows what you would do to me." Link joked.

He chuckled a soft laugh that perked Zelda's ears instantly.

"Could it be?" Zelda asked herself as she looked closer at the stranger before her.

He sat at the foot of the bed. There was a decent amount of space between the two.

Zelda sat up slowly and scooted closer to him.

"Who are you?" She questioned.

He sighed aloud and shook his head.

"You know I can't tell you that." He stated.

Zelda then lifted her bound hands to his shoulder. Link turned to face her causing her hands to fall back in her lap. He wasn't trying to push her away but he felt frightened to get close to her.

"My name is Zelda." She stated.

"I know that." Link chuckled.

It was rather awkward between the two. They exchanged glances and sat quietly before saying anything else.

"Link." Zelda finally whispered.

He instantly straightened.

"How does she know my name?" He asked himself.

Never had Link told anyone his name. Only those in the forest knew of his name, but no one else.

Zelda noticed his reaction and could instantly feel her heart flutter.

"Yes?" He inquired.

Zelda smiled at him softly.

"May I see your face?" She asked.

Link felt uneasy at the request. This girl somehow knew him, but he didn't know her. This wasn't right.

She leaned forward and reached for his hood. She then gently put it back to reveal his blonde, matted hair. Link then took the liberty to remove the cloth that hid the bottom half of his face.

Zelda gasped.

"Link....Where have you been?!" She exclaimed as she quickly grabbed his face and kissed him.