Splenda & FooFliDay

~ Splenda & FooFliDay ~

~¤°*°*°*°¤~

I was having a wonderful day. It was Friday. A beautiful day figuratively and literally speaking. It was sunny outside, and the end of the week. It also happened to be troublemaker free. There had not been any sign of Theo in Home Ec. I should have been upset, given the fact that he was my partner, but I wasn't in the slightest. It had a lot to do with the fact that it was just a lesson with no cooking or a test involved this time, so we wouldn't have had to work together anyway.

My spirits were also soaring because the day was almost over. Tonight, I can just chill with my friends and not even give my Home Ec partner a second thought.

"Sugar!"

Just like that, those little soaring spirits lost their wings. They flailed all the way down until, finally, they crashed and died a bitter death.

"I would appreciate it immensely if you would not call me by that name," I addressed the boy leaning against the locker beside mine. It's certainly better than Dollface, but I would never admit that to him.

"I'm sure you would," he said, giving me a cheeky grin.

It was almost cute, but more annoying than anything. I bit back a smirk and retort, which would have been so good. Instead I gave him a curious look. He obviously wanted something. Why else would he be talking to me?

He rolled his eyes, clearly disappointed in my lack of response. "Can I borrow your notes from Home Ec?"

I laughed. "You skipped class and now you want to copy my notes?" Even as I asked that, I opened my binder and pulled them out.

"For your information, I had a dentist appointment."

I didn't buy that and he knew it.

"Do I have to go get the note from my parents to prove it? Cordier has it." He started to leave.

"No, Theo," I sighed, tugging on his jacket to stop him. I gave him the notes when he turned around.

"Thanks. I'll get them back to you asap," he said, skimming the pages before pocketing them.

"Don't worry about it," I responded, closing my locker. Asking to borrow my notes after having a legitimate reason for missing class showed that he actually did take it seriously. He earned some my respect for that reason. "There's no rush," I smiled genuinely.

After I spoke, he lifted his head back up and stared at me. It was a look that made me feel like he could see right through me. I tried to think of something I could do or say to get him to stop. He opened his mouth to say something.

"Hey, girlfriend!"

...Girlfriend?

Theo's eyes flashed with annoyance as Becky, a girl I barely knew, draped her arm over my shoulder like we were best friends. I fleetingly wondered what he would have said if we had not been interrupted.

"Hi, Becky," I smiled at her, despite how awkward I felt by her overly familiar gesture. "What's up?"

"Could you take this Mr. Sanders? I was supposed to do it earlier, but I forgot and I can't get another tardy. Please, please, please?" She held out a small stack of stapled papers and pouted in my face.

"Of course. It's no problem," I said, holding my smile and biting my tongue. Mr. Sanders' classroom was in the opposite direction of my last period. I would be at least ten minutes late and my English teacher wasn't too fond of latecomers.