♀ Month One ♂

Thank you for reading and voting x

P A R E N T A L

G U I D A N C E

S U G G E S T E D

P R O L O G U E

Month One

Isadora found herself in the bathroom of her apartment, mid afternoon, when she needed to be at work. She'd come down with a 'stomach virus' after coming back from Cancun, a holiday trip with friends, and figured it would go away, but it lingered... for about four weeks now and she could no longer hide it. Which was why she was sent home early from the office with sympathetic and suspicious looks thrown her way.

On her way home, she stop by a liquor store and picked up something to fill her empty stomach, and five different pregnancy tests. Lucky for her, the clerk kept a stoic expression like it was a normal thing that happened all the time, maybe it did. There was no way she was pregnant. She was on the pill, religiously, and always used protection. She wasn't an idiot.

She made an appointment with the doctor, before locking herself in the bathroom. She might as well save the doctor the effort of checking if she was pregnant, because she wasn't, there was no way. She washed her hands and headed towards the kitchen, wanting to nibble on something sweet. She turned on her television, grabbed a jar of hazelnut spread and a spoon before sitting on her couch.

She lost track of time, and got up from the couch, a full hour had passed and she hadn't thrown away the used pregnancy tests yet. She picked them up doing a double take as they fell into the waste bin. She dropped, fishing them out again, mouth falling open. On each one were two pink lines and she didn't have to check the boxes to know what they meant.

Positive.

◈ ♀ ◈ ♂ ◈

Isadora walked out of the hospital with a different kind of sick feeling in her stomach. She felt ill, maybe she shouldn't have left the hospital. She pulled her phone out of her purse and zipped up her sweater. It was like she felt everyone staring, even though she wasn't showing yet.