♀ Epilogue ♀

Thank you for reading and voting x

P A R E N T A L

G U I D A N C E

S U G G E S T E D

(Connor's POV)

Thirty-Three Months

Connor was having a rough day, there was a glitch in one of the systems that even he couldn't figure out how to fix. It was days like this that work seemed like a chore. He sighed, turning to look at his house from inside his car. Work also wasn't the same after Isadora decided to quit, until Charlie was older, he didn't mind being the only one working. In fact, it gave him a peace of mind to know she'd be well taken care of and there was a hot meal ready for him every time he came home.

He shut off the car and got out, stretching, checking the mail. He unlocked the front door, stepping inside and lost his balance as he stepped on something. He could hear Isadora gasp and run over to him, while Charlie was laughing, heartily.

"Connor are you alright? Did you break something? Charlie this is not funny."

"Every time." He groaned, looking down to see what he stepped on this time. He sighed when it was a toy car. Isadora bent down to kiss him and he smiled, kissing her back. "Love you." He mumbled, groaning as he sat up.

"I love you too, but please watch where you're going. You're too old to be falling like this." She said as she checked the back of his head.

"Where's my hug, Charlie?" She grinned, dressed in little overalls she ran towards him. A yell was stuck in his throat as he launched himself forward to catch her when she slipped on another toy car. He caught her, the momentum making her giggle.

"That's it! No more toy cars!" Isadora yelled, "you both are clearly allergic to them." He grinned, standing up with Charlie still in his arms.

"Were you a good girl today?" He asked, walking deeper into the house.

"Yes!" She yelled as they approached the kitchen, her eyes trained on the box of cookies.

"Are you lying?"

"Yes!" She squealed, kicking her feet. He grinned, at least she was being honest.

"Bad girls don't get cookies, Charlie."

"Daddy!" She swung her stuffed whale at him and he laughed as she started to get angry. He put her down, away from the treats and she started crying. He knelt down to her level, knowing Isadora was used to her tantrums she never bothered to come over.

"This is going to be our secret, okay?" She nodded as he handed over a cookie. She ate it quickly and he brushed off the crumbs as well as tears, from her mouth and clothes. "Now, be a good girl and go give this to mommy." Charlie took off running, not bothering to ask what it was since she was content with the cookie.

"Mommy! Daddy said give you this!" He heard her yell, he could feel himself start to sweat from nerves. He got even more nervous when everything went silent. He turned away and ran his fingers through his hair, worried.

"Is this what I think it is?" He turned around quickly, seeing Isadora holding the ring box in her hand.

"Yes," he walked over to her and knelt down on one knee. "I know this isn't super romantic, but I needed to ask before life got busy again and I'd never get another chance." He paused to take a breath, smiling sheepishly. "So I'm going to be honest here and say that I've had a crush on you since you started working at the same company. I guess drunk me didn't hide it very well and I, by some miracle, was able to seduce you. Charlie is the best thing to come into my life and I realized that what I felt wasn't just because you're her mother. It's because you're smart, confident, and beautiful person, inside and out, and way out of my league. So, before you realize it, I want to ask you to marry me. I love you and I want to love you for the rest of my life." He finished, she handed him the ring box back, smiling.

"Of course I'll marry you, Connor. I love you and I am not out of your league if we're still together after all this time!" His hand shook with excitement as he put the ring on her finger. He straightened up and she wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing him deeply.

"Ew, gross." Charlie whined, screeching halfway through 'gross' to emphasise how icky they were being. Izzy laughed, pulling away.

"Come give mommy a kiss!" Charlie screamed and took off running and Isadora chased after her, laughing. He grinned, deciding that he'd love to have more kids with her, on purpose this time.

THE END

♦ ⚪ ♦ ⚪ ♦

Comments?

Add me on snap: crossingseas

So, (if you haven't noticed) there's a lot missing, as in certain months, like their reaction to finding out the sex of the baby, telling their friends etc. So I might be adding some bonus chapters like I did with "Guess Who?" Feel free to suggest any scenes that you would have liked to see and I might write it!

I've wanted to share this story and the next one for so long, it feels so good to finally release it!

Thank you for reading and voting x

♦ ⚪ ♦ ⚪ ♦