Chapter 6

I walked along the long halls bringing them to different rooms and explaining to them what they were and stuff. Game Room, Lounge, kitchen... But their favorite was the gym.

We walked in and I explained our "reason" to have a gym.

"And this is the gym." I raised my arms as we walk in. "We got the gym a few years before I came, but Bruce works out when he is stressed and stuff. I like to use it to stay fit and flexible." I said as I pointed to the rings and gymnast bar. "You guys can use it anytime you like, but my advice," I lowered my voice as I said it, knowing that Bruce could hear me. "Don't come in when Bruce is working out. Just don't" I said warning voice. Then I smiles like I was joking. "Sorry, it's just that he gets really stressed, with all that it going on with all of these people trying to kill him, dealing with the media, and trying to run Wayne Enterprises, it can be stressful."

"Trust me when I say, that we can all imagine." Aqualad says.

I think of all of the times where we have been under stress. When me and Artemis and me had to save everyone, or when we all lost our memories, or when the training simulation failed. Or when we took down the entire Justice League. We have been through some really stressful things. Something's that we can't admit either.

Me with my thoughts and depression.

Wally claiming he is not being good enough.

Artemis with her past.

Megan unsure of who she is.

Superboy trying to find his purpose.

Kalder trying to find love and family.

We all have struggles that we can't find ourselves to admit.

Three of us have already admitted. Megan, Artemis, and Superboy. I know Wally and Kaldor's because I know them. But no one knows mine. I have been keeping it deep down, trying to find a solution.

I look up suddenly, realizing that I had lost myself in thought again. I smiled a small apology and asked if anyone wanted to stay and hang out here.

"I'm up for that." Artemis said. And Superboy nodded. They were all wearing their costumes, so I figured that they would be good in those.

"Have at it!" I said with a smile, extending my arm toward the large room.

I watched as Artemis and Wally walked over to the pull up bar, and Superboy wandered off to the bench press.

Kalder approached me. "Do you think that you could show me some of what you do? With the rings or something?"

I looked up at the tall Atlantean and grinded. "Sure, why not?"

I pulled myself up only the rings and lifted my body up so my arms were straight. I leaned forward and started to do some mild flips. I began to warm up and started letting go and flipping freely before I grabbed onto the rings again. I am trying to keep it mild, but my inner trapeze artist wants to get out. For my "Grand finale", I flipped, and when I did, I pushed myself away from the rings and landed on my feet. I hadn't noticed it, but everyone else had stopped what they had been doing and had watched me. I didn't really like all of the sudden attention, but the looks on their faces were priceless. They were actually amazed. I felt good.

I bent over in a bow. "Thank you! Thank you! You have been an amazing audience!" And then I laughed a little, but it was my fake laugh. I wanted to laugh, but they would recognize my laugh as Robin's, and I have had enough close calls tonight.

Aqualad gave me a little clap. "That was better than I expected."

"What! You were doubting me?" I took deep breaths, I was kinda tired. I thought about my minor concussion, and realized that I shouldn't have done that. "I had to be good, it was a no net act. I wasn't good, I was dead."

Kalder just smiled at me.

We went back about five hours later. We were all sweating and laughing. We had had a good time. Wally had given us all a scare when he tried to bench press 300 lbs. but other than sore muscles, he was fine. I really feel like I have made good friends with them, even though I had already been.

We all sat around the table making fun of each other or congratulate someone for what they accomplished. We all decided to go back to the lounge. We were heading there when Cheshire busted the door down.

"Oh," She said sourly when she saw Artemis. "You're here."

"Cheshire!" Artemis pulled out her bow and arrows, arming herself. I looked around, and realized that I was standing like Robin would, not like Dick Grayson would be. I snuck back as they begane to try and stop Cheshire.

Then I realized something. Cheshire would never just bust through the door, she would have found out what room Bruce was in and snuck in that one undetected. If she came through the front, she would have only done it cause a distraction... Oh no! Bruce!

I ran through the halls as I tried to remember where Bruce said he was going to be. If he was in the batcave, he would be fine, but if he was in his room, or in the livingroom. I ran to his room, thinking that he might be in there. I hear a sound I know. The sound of soft rubber going a thousand times faster than it should. Kid Flash stopped next to me, but I kept running. I was starting to get lightheaded, but I just swore at myself. I need to find Bruce.

"Dick, what's wrong?" Kid Flash asked.

"Cheshire is only a distraction. She wouldn't have come in that way if she was here to kill Bruce. She would have been smarter." I took a long breath and tried to hold my own as my eyesight started getting blurry. Come on!!!! "We need to find Bruce."

"I'm on it!" Kid Flash ran to his room and poked his head in. I slowed to a walk and turned around and ran to the living room. Kid ran to the den. I found Bruce sitting on the couch, filling out some paperwork. He had the news turned up and he hummed a song quietly. He was reading something, and wasn't paying attention to his surroundings.

"Bruce!" I yelled out. "Look out." And assassin in a black suit was sitting on the wal, holding a small handgun. Yes, sitting on the wall. He was wearing one of those high-tech suits. I knew him. He was the assassin called Black Spider.

Bruce jumped up off the couch, the papers that he had had stacked carefully on his lap now fluttering to the ground. I pulled out some smoke bombs and tossed them, smoke filled the room and I grabbed Bruce's arm as I pulled him out of the room. I could still hear the commotion of the fight downstairs. Kid ran to us as I slammed the door shut. I held the door closed against Black Spider trapped inside. Some of the bullets flew through the door. Damn it! His gun!

The smoke started leaking out of the bottom of the door. It was nonlethal, and his mask must have had some kind of breathing filter. I tried to find something to brace the door as I pulled out my mask. I had it stashed in the pocket of my sweats just in case. The door swung open and I hit my nose on it. It started bleeding as I yelled. "Get Bruce out of here!" I spun to meet my attacker, and he pulled out his gun. He shot it a few times, and I dodged them. I winced and grunted as I slammed into the wall of the hallway. Some of the blood smeared onto the light blue paper, and I tried to get off of the floor. I felt a foot come down on my chest and I yelled out, I felt like I could hear the sickening crack of my ribs bending and cracking as he put more of his weight on my chest.

I heard the sound of a speedster running and the weight was suddenly gone. I pushed myself into an upright position just in time to see the assassin slam into the door at the end of the hall. It cracked, and he slumped down, unconscious.

Kid Flash ran to me and slide to a kneeling position. I twisted my body onto all fours and winced in pain.

"I shouldn't have left you!" He pressed his hands to his head and a frustrated look shown across his face. He helped me up, and I held my ribs.

"KF, I told you to get Bruce out of here, you were just doing what I had asked you, it's not your fault, it's mine."

"Are you okay?" Wally asked as he pulled off his mask.

"Nothing I can't handle." I said with a smile. I was standing now, and he helped me to the stairs and down. 

Word Count: 1547