Authors Note

So... I don't know if this is the end. I don't have any plans on continuing it, but I might... Maybe.

I hope that you enjoyed it, even though I had some very emotional parts to it. I also hope that you don't hate me for what I did to him. I think that it was a good twist on his character. And I'll explain why. 

All of them have things that they want to keep hidden. We are not told Wally, Kaldur, and Dicks, but are told M'gann, Conner, and Artemis's.

 M'gann was a white martian. She was afraid of her uncle not wanting her, and everyone abandoning her. We are told this when she fights Simon. 

Conner wants to be like Superman. He wants Superman to except him and love him. We are shown this throughout the course of the first season, with Superboy's actions and words. He also didn't want the Team to know that he was half Lex Luthor.

Artemis was afraid of telling the Team who her family was, because she thought they wouldn't accept her because of her family. This is shown by the way Artemis acts around her family members, and the way she acts.

As you can see, there is kindof a pattern here. Not being accepted or wanted.

If you think about it, Aqualad's hidden secret is known to the audience too. He loved a girl, but she betrayed him for his best friend. But he is open about this. It is quite clear that Aqualad is open about his thoughts and feelings most of the time.

Kid Flash and Robin are a different story. We are not told either of their stories in the TV show, and only Kid Flashes in the Comic book.

Kid Flash also follows the theme. He wants to be accepted by his mentor and uncle, The Flash. He was denied the role in the beginning, but then became Kid Flash with a lit of begging and pleading. He is constantly having to push himself when trying to run fast, due to his slower speed then his fellow speedsters. He wants to be accepted and fit in, and he sees the Team as his way of doing that.

Robin, is different. Totally unknown. We are not told anything about his family, history, and journey to becoming Robin. He isn't given a secret, or anything that could change him.

Except in the episode "Performance."

In this episode, we discover that Haley's Circus means a lot to young Dick Grayson, and something happened there that reflected on his current role as Robin. But we are not told what or why. Some people would say that this is his secret. This is what changed him. His parents death molded him into becoming Robin. And I totally agree. But I don't think that that is all of it. I think that, like I said in the story, Dick went into a state of depression when his parents died.

"After my parents died." rubbed my eyes, but I was still crying... "I went into a state of depression. I had suicidal thoughts, and I would never stop thinking about what I lost, not what I had gained. When I became Robin, it got better, I wasn't thinking about... " I sighed. "Killing myself as much, because I would think that Gotham needs me as much as it needed Batman. When the team formed, I stopped cutting myself. But I-" I took a shaky breath. "I started again after the training simulation went wrong."

I think that the Team helped, but not enough. I think that behind that laugh, behind the jokes and sarcastic comments, is a hurt little boy, who needs help.

"I couldn't save my mom and dad, I couldn't save you guys, or the world." I closed my eyes tight. "I can't even save myself."

I think that he is one of those people, who is sad when no one is looking. Who thinks that no one cares if he is dead or alive.

Remember during the episode "Homefront," When Artemis and Robin are attacked by "The Reds"? Remember how serious Robin got. Here is this young boy, about two years younger than this girl, who is freaking out, who is completely calm. Trying to figure out what he needs to do. He has been in many situations like that before. You can tell.

In this story, I open up a new look on Robin's secrets, and his life

In this story, I open up a new look on Robin's secrets, and his life. I show that people might not always be what they seem.

And I take a new look in one of our favorites, Robin, AKA, Dick Grayson.

I don't own any of the art. All is made by  http://malin-j.tumblr.com/