Alatar

He gazed around the room in silence. Aragorn held Anduril tightly in his hand.
Beside him, Faramir and Legolas stood poised and still, wating for him to make a move.

"I'm sorry, but those won't be much use to you."
Alatar took a step forward, Legolas fired an arrow which struck Alatar in the shoulder.
The man stumbled back, he looked at the arrow protruding from his shoulder.

Faramir glanced warily at Aragorn.
Legolas had another arrow ready.
Aragorn studied Alatar, the man reached towards the arrow and yanked it out.
He inspected it in his hand for a moment, and without warning he threw it back at Legolas.

The elf wasted no time in firing the arrow in his bow at the oncoming one.
The arrows bounced off eachother and feel to the floor.
Legolas shot another arrow at Alatar, this time at his heart.
The arrow hit its mark and Alatar sank to his knees, clutching the arrow with both hands and breathing deeply.

Legolas had another arrow ready, Faramir and Aragorn exchanged a look.
He had just been shot in the heart, surely he would die.
But nothing happened.
Alatar remained crouched on the floor, in the dark Legolas could make out where the arrow had embedded into Alatar's heart.

But something was wrong, there was no blood coming from the wound.
Legolad realized with cold horror that there was no wound.
Before he could warn the others Alatar leapt to his feet and swung his arm out towards Legolas.

The elf was thrown to the ground, his arms were wrapped around his stomach and he screamed in agony.
Alatar turned his attention to Aragorn who watched his friend in horror.
Aragorn ran over to him.

"The closer you get to him," Alatar closed his hand into a fist and Legolas screamed, "The more pain you cause him."
Alatar reopened his hand and the screams stopped.
Aragorn turned away from Legolas and glared at Alatar.

"Why have you come here?"
Alatar smiled.
His eyes were dark, almost black.
He towered over all of them, he wore a long, dark robe and had a menacing gleam in his eye.
"I have come for a single purpose."
He answered slowly.
"To kill you."

Before Aragorn could react he was flung backwards, he landed hard against the wall and fell to the floor.
He gasped in pain and shock.
Faramir had been thrown to the opposite side of the room.
His hand was clasped around his forehead, which was bleeding.

Alatar stood over Aragorn with a cruel sword in his hand, he raised it over his head and was about to bring it down on him.
"Farewell Aragorn. Your death will mark the beginning of the destruction of Middle Earth."

Aragorn's mind screamed for him to move but he couldn't.
He was going to die.
Alatar hissed in pain as two knives were shoved into his back.
He spun around and saw Legolas standing there, weaponless and weak.

Alatar scoffed.
"Pitiful."
He swung his arm out and sent Legolas crumbling to the ground.
Alatar was about to finish him off when he noticed who the elf was.
"You are Legolas, the only son of Thranduil are you not?"

Legolas didn't answer but forced himself onto his hands and knees.
"I can see no better way for the Elvenking to suffer," a wicked grin spread across Alatar's face.
"Then to watch his son die in front of him."

Legolas looked up at him in defiance, Alatar's face lit up in shock when he saw the scar on his face.
"Amarth."
Aragorn couldn't believe it.
Alatar knew, or had known, Amarth.

"Where is he?"
Alatar roared.
Legolas refused to answer.
He doesn't know where he is!
Aragorn wanted to scream.
Alatar grabbed Legolas and lifted him into the air, his hand clasped firmly around his neck.