Defenders (11)

Though they said they were going to start training early the next morning, they didn't wake us up until eleven. We had breakfast, and then started at around twelve thirty.

First, they made us run around the whole Defensive Affairs Unit. Twice. And I thought the headquarters was big before... But I was wrong. It was a hell of a lot bigger than I thought it was.

And we had to run around it. Twice.

That took us about two hours, Anthony and I both tied as dead last, since this wasn't an exercise where we could use our powers. Even Kristie had managed to beat us, which annoyed me greatly.

We had an hour long lunch then, and then a two hour break after that. But even after resting for so long, I did not want to do any more physical activity as they led us into the training room around five thirty.

"You guys have yet to train in here all together," Nay began, her face as serious as always. "We have to know that you all can work together before we can even think about sending you out to fight Malicius and Lynx."

"We're going to train together? In here?" Anthony asked, now looking at the rest of us. "Dex and Violet will kill each other or something!"

I crossed my arms over my chest. "The smart boy's right," I muttered.

"When am I not?"

Ignoring us, Nay continued. "After this, you guys are done for the day."

I was definitely glad to hear that...

"Your goal for this exercise is to get that disc from that ledge without it touching the ground," Hank explained, pointing to the mentioned disc that was up above us. "If it falls, we're going to play the videos that are on that disc."

"The disc may or may not have embarrassing videos of the five of you," Nay informed us, and only the boys reacted as their eyes went wide. I couldn't think of anything embarrassing I had done in the past five years, and Kristie didn't seem to mind that people might see her do something embarrassing.

"Whoever manages to get it will decide the fate of the disc," Hank continued now. "If you get it, you can decide whether or not you want to watch it or destroy it."

There was a chance that they could have been bluffing. How would we know, if they destroyed it? I guess better safe than sorry, but it wasn't like I had anything to hide.

"You may begin once Nay and I are up in the control room." Hank pointed up to the room where they would be protected by glass and still be able to see everything that was going on with us. "After we're there, you can expect the course to begin."

Even though I thought that this was a lot better than running around for two hours, I remembered how it was last time we had trained in this room. I had only been with Kristie, but I couldn't even work my powers and I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing. I just really hoped I wouldn't repeat that.

The second fire started flying out from beside me, I knew that it was time to start. Aiden, seeming to do this without even thinking twice about it, kicked the water fountain at the end of the room, and water began spewing out from this. He didn't waste a single second and started using his powers to douse the flames with the water.

"I got this," he called out as more and more fire flew out from different places in the training room now. "Get the disc!"

My three other teammates and I looked up at it. "How are we supposed to get it down?" Kristie asked.

"Simple," Dex shrugged, and was suddenly wrapping his arms around the beam and pulling it up and out of the ground. This would have been a good idea, if the disc wasn't now falling to the ground.