Defenders (20)

"It won't come off!" I screamed, digging my fingers into my scalp.

The disgusting sludge had made its way into my hair and there it wanted to stay. I had no idea how Aiden and Kristie were dealing with this, but it just wouldn't come off me.

"You need help in there?" I heard Dex call out from my room, and I could tell that he was just joking. 

"No," I answered anyway, just to let him know he wasn't allowed in here. "I'll get it to come out... eventually."

"Eventually" meant an hour and half a bottle of shampoo later. But when it was finally gone, I was relieved. If I ever ran into that sludge-throwing amoeba again, he wouldn't know what hit him.

Not that he would remember me anyway. Hank had wiped both guys' memories, so they didn't even know that they had fought with us. After that, he then went back inside the retrieve our shoes, which I was thankful for because I didn't own very many pairs.

When I walked out of my bathroom in only a towel, I jumped and almost shouted when I saw that Dex was still in my room, which I wasn't expecting.

"Why are you still in here?" I demanded, tightening my towel around my body just in case.

Dex shrugged. "I thought you might need some help."

This was the second time we was seeing me in a towel, and the third time he saw me almost naked. I just really hoped there wouldn't be any other times after this. And I really hoped he'd never see me in anything less than this.

"Well, I'm going to change," I informed him, grabbing the clothes that were on my bed and making my way back into the bathroom. "Don't come in here or I'll kill you."

I heard him laugh, but he said nothing to this. He knew I really would kill him if he tried to peek.

I wasn't even in the bathroom for two minutes before Dex suddenly knocked on the door when I was barely half-clothed, causing me to scramble and almost fall over right onto the floor.

"What?" I snapped, yanking my pants up just in case he decided to come inside. I'd rather him see my top half than my bottom. "What do you want?"

"Nay wants to see us now," he informed me simply, and I almost rolled my eyes. "So hurry up a little so she doesn't cut our heads off."

I knew that that definitely could have been a possibility, considering how angry she was at us, so I quickly finished changing and yanked a brush through my hair so it wouldn't dry weirdly. I then rushed out of the bathroom and out of my room, leaving Dex to follow after me.

Both Kristie and Aiden had wet hair just like I had, so I was sure they had been rushed out of the shower as well. Kristie, of course, still looked perfect with messy wet hair while I probably looked like a soaked poodle.

Nay looked just as angry as she did when she had found us at the roller rink, but Hank looked just as carefree as normal. Obviously, he didn't care that much that we had snuck out. He even thought it was funny. I really wished Nay was like that.

"I thought about locking you all in your rooms, but then I decided that wasn't going to be a very good punishment," was the first thing Nay informed us with, her hands on her hips. "Then I remembered a certain training exercise that isn't meant for trainees, but I don't even care about that."

I didn't like the sound of that. I thought that the training we had to do was bad enough. But now, whatever Nay was talking about was supposed to be even worse.

"Ballroom dancing," Hank began now, and I felt my stomach drop, "is a skill that every member of the DAU has to achieve sooner or later. For you guys, you're learning it sooner rather than later."