THREE

Loosing the feeling
3

I continued to search through the deep caverns of the internet, and few memories sprouted. I remember his friend Brent, who apparently left his band after their first album. Shame. I never liked him, to be completely honest. I scrolled and stopped at one picture. I hesitantly clicked on it. The bottom corner had a date written: 12/31/04. New Years Eve, 2004. The girl standing beside him, the one he's hugging proudly and a beer in his other hand..

It's me.

I'm the girl he's hugging. He looks so different. I wonder if he's still the same Brendon. My Brendon. Breadbin. His face is certainly the same. Same smile, bright, perfect teeth. The eyebrow scar that made him unique. Stupid idiot fell on a curb when he was a baby.. I laugh at the thought of baby Brendon falling over. I shut my laptop and ran my slim fingers through my hair. I really need to cut it. Its about ¾ down my back. I'll get it cut soon.

Standing up, I walked to my bedroom and got my work clothes on, tying my apron around my waist. I hurried out the front door, locking it behind me and rushing down the stairwell. The cafe was around the corner, so I was there in no time.

"Hey Hannah!" Jason, my coworker, called.

"Hey Jason, wheres Annie?" I asked.

"Called in sick, she has a stomach virus."

"Ah." Poor girl. I washed my hands before signing in and getting to work. I stood at the counter, waiting for someone to order. A tall man came up to the counter, his arms revealed. Two beautiful tattoos were on his forearm, piano keys with flowers on the back, and on the front of his arm was a very incredible looking portrait of Frank Sinatra.

"Hi, oh- Hannah!" he said.

"Yeah.. Hi Brendon." I smiled. He returned a grin.

"Can I get a cappuccino?"

"Yeah I'll be right back." I said before going to make his drink. I put the lid on and walked over to the counter, handing the cup to Brendon.

"Here," he said, handing me the money I needed.

"Thanks."

"Hey, do you want to hang out some time?" he smiled and fixed his glasses.

"I-Uh.. Sure." He smiled and pulled out a piece of paper and wrote his number on it. He happily handed it to me and I stuffed it in my pocket.

"See ya!" Brendon said before walking out the door and down the street. I watched as he strolled down.

"Ma'am?" a woman asked in front of me.

"Oh, sorry!" I could feel my cheeks getting warm.

"Its okay," she smiled. "He's very handsome." I looked at her and she winked. My cheeks were definitely the color of a fire truck now. I took her order and made her drink, and the next four hours were the same repetitive action.

***

I slouched on my couch after just getting home from work, and I rested my head against the back. I remembered about my encounter with Brendon, and dug through my pocket to get the slip of paper. I entered it into my phone and clicked call.

"Hello?"

"H-Hi Brendon, its Hannah." I fiddled with my fingernails nervously.

"Oh! Hi. Do you want to come over?" he asked.

"S-Sure."

"Okay, my address is 4550 Hayvenhurst Avenue. Come over whenever." I could almost hear him smiling.

"Okay. I'll be over in a few.." I hung up the phone after we exchanged 'byes' and I stood up faster than I intended to and nearly fell over. "Whoooaa." I balanced myself and laughed before walking to the door, grabbing my keys and walking out.

I clicked the "G" button on the elevator for Garage, and waited to be brought down. The metal box lurched down and the door dinged open as I stepped out into the orange-ly lit room. I found my car and got in, driving up the ramp into traffic.

I found myself at Brendon's in less than ten minutes and I parked in the driveway. The house was a beautiful one story. I walked to the door and knocked. A minute later I was greeted with the warm face of my old best friend. He smiled.

"Hi! Come in." he gestured me to come inside. I stepped in, gasping at the beautiful surroundings.

"Brendon this pla-" When I turned I was shoved against the door and his warm lips were on mine. I was startled at first, but melted into him. His lips were soft against mine, so much passion was in him. He pulled away,

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting to do that, Han-Solo."

**