FOUR

Of feeling unique
4

I stared at him, still shocked.

"Oh, shit.. Do you not remember me still?" his eyes showed hurt.

"N-No.. I remember you Breadbin. I just.. Why did you kiss me?" I asked. He smiled when I called him Breadbin, only for his smile to fade again..

"You don't remember..?" his voice cracked. I shook my head awkwardly. "Come." he said, leading me to a room that appeared to be an office. He sat down and gestured me to do so on the couch opposite of him. I sat down slowly and looked at him. He turned around and picked up a large book, handing it to me. I glanced at him weirdly.

"Open it." he said. I hesitantly pulled the cover open, to be surprised. It was filled with pictures of him and I, dating all the way back to 2001. My eyes were tearing up, as memories fled into my mind.

*
I darted through the narrow hallways, avoiding people. First day of highschool. I slowed to a walk as less people were in the corridor. I was stopped by a boy, not much taller than me, with short, very short hair, braces and glasses.

"Hi.. um. Would you like to join music club?"

"Oh.. I don't really know how to play any instruments." I laughed nervously.

"That's okay, we'll teach you." he smiled.

"Okay. Uh, sure."

"Name?"

"Hannah Spring." I said, and he wrote it down on his clipboard.

"Cool, I'm Brendon." he said. I asked him to repeat it, it sounded like he said Breadbin.

"Sorry, it sounded like you said Breadbin." I laughed. He laughed as well. "Well, Breadbin. I have to go to school." I waved and ran off to my first period class.

**

"Hannah?" Brendon said.

"Yeah?" I mumbled, wiping away some tears under my eyes. I remembered more things, small things. The day Brendon asked me out on a date. March 23rd, 2003. We dated for two years before we broke up, due to him leaving for LA.

"Do you remember now?" he was leaned over in his chair, his hands joined. I nodded, standing up and hugging him.

"Wait.. Brendon. How did you know I wouldn't remember?" I asked. Only my family knows about the accident.

"When you got in the car accident, your mom contacted me. I couldn't bring enough strength to see you again. It had to be when you were healed and happy, not sad and injured." he smiled faintly. I pulled away from the hug and looked at him.

"Thank you."

"No, thank you." he smiled. "Hannah?"

"Hm?"

"Will you be my girlfriend again?" he smiled nervously.

"Yes." I grinned happily. I leaned forward and let our lips meet.

***

I ended up sleeping over at Brendon's and we watched Star Wars. So many more memories came rushing back, and each one made me happier I found him again. I woke up on the couch, Brendon on the other couch. I stood up and went to his kitchen to find some cereal. I poured two bowls and set one aside for when he wakes up. I turned on my phone and clicked play on my All Time Low playlist and started singing along softly.

"I wanna be laughed at, laughed with, just because. I wanna feel weightless and that should be enough." I was cut off from the next verse,

"But I'm stuck in this fucking rut, waiting on a second hand pick me up." I looked up to see Brendon standing there, smiling.

"I see you know All Time Low." I asked. He laughed,

"Yep. Great guys." he said casually, picking up the bowl of cereal I made him and sitting across from me at the table.

"Wait- you've met them?!" I exclaimed. He nodded,

"Yeah."

"Holy shit, lucky bastard. I love All Time Low so much."

"Yeah, I know." Brendon laughed.

"Maybe its not my weekend, but its gonna be my year, and I'm so sick of watching the minutes pass as I go nowhere." Brendon sang.

"And this is my reaction, to everything I fear. I've been going crazy, I'm stuck in here." I finished. He smiled, and grabbed my hand.

"I love you, Han-Solo."

"I love you too, Breadbin."

**