Heart of Ice

The day of the first Hogsmeade visit drew closer, till finally it was here. At 9:00am sharp, Anastasia sat in the girl's dorm in the Gryffindor tower. Iris had left early, and they had it all to themselves. Dom had pulled out practically everything in her wardrobe. Little piles of makeup and hair products sat everywhere. Dom, Hailey, Roxy, and Rose sat in a circle around Anastasia. Rose was making a list of things that had to go. They had quite a lot to work with.

Anastasia was a pale skinny girl. Freckles and acne dotted her face. She had mousy, frizzy brown hair and large glasses. Her teeth were crooked and she had a distinct overbite. Not mention her clothes were two sizes too big.

Dom was the main stylist, and Hailey and Roxy her assistants. Rose was there to perform minor beauty spells, if needed.

"Well...shall we start?" asked Hailey. Dom nodded, and off they went.

There was a lot of work to be done. Rose vanished her pimples and Dom lathered cream onto her face. Hailey pulled and combed for an hour trying to tame her hair. Roxy looked for the perfect outfit. But when they were done, the results were astonishing.

Dom had done her magic. Somehow she knew how to bring out the best features in anyone. Anastasia's hair was now nicely combed into a ponytail. It was hard to notice the makeup, since Dom had used only a little. She wore no glasses and had on a nice skirt and button-down. But the best part about her was the glow that came when she looked in the mirror. Almost automatically she sat up straighter, smiled wider, and laughed louder. Hailey thought it was one of the most magical things she had seen, which was saying something when you hung out with James.

"The boys are waiting," Dom squealed after checking downstairs. "Showtime!"

Anastasia looked like someone had cast a floating spell on her as she walked down the stairs. James and Fynn's eyes both widened, and their mouths hung open in what Hailey guessed to be shock. But Fred looked like he had just been hit in the head with a bludger.

"Well...what do you think?" Dom demanded to know, beaming.

"You look very nice," James said, winking at her and passing the fifteen galleons to Dom behind his back.

"Yes," breathed Fynn.

"Ditto," said Fred.

"Ditto?" Roxy laughed. "I didn't think your vocabulary stretched beyond the words puke and disgusting."

Fred glared at Roxy, then extended his arm to Anastasia.

"I guess we should go then. Where were you planning on going to, Anastasia?"

She nervously took his arm. "I was thinking about Quill Written, the bookshop, but I guess we could go to the Three Broomsticks or something like that."

"Okay, Anastasia."

She glared at him. "You don't have to keep calling me that, you know. Most people call me Stas. And most people don't use my name as the end of every sentence."

"Okay...Stas," Fred muttered. He glanced at her and then whispered to James. "She may have thrown on some new clothes, but it's going to take a lot more than that to melt a heart of ice."

Stas rolled her eyes and tossed her ponytail. "Let's get this over with."

They crossed the common room and left through the portrait hole, Stas not waiting for Fred to catch up with her.

James turned to Hailey with gleaming eyes.

"Feel like a Butterbeer? This is going to be too good to miss!"

>>Oh my word! My views for this story just about doubled overnight! I'm really happy people want to read it, and quite embarrassed at what my younger self wrote. However that was the last chapter I had written already, so the next few may begin to improve.

Do you guys have any new ideas for the story? What do you think of Stas?