Chapter 9 the Sit Down and Intervention

"Hermione, we need to talk." Harry's voice jarred her from her thoughts as she walked through the Gryffindor Common Room. Ron swiveled around in his chair, looking rather guilty.
She sat in a huff, "what is it Harry?"
"Nothing." He said, but his face betrayed him. Anger, shock, sadness, and denial swam across his features, his green eyes glassing over under his glasses. "Is it true?" He whispered, Hermione strained to hear him.
She nodded in affirmation," Yes Harry, what Ronald told you was correct, Draco and I are in fact together." Harry clutched his heart. "If you actually got to know him," Hermione rushed on, " he's not like what you think he is, that's just an act, a disguise, a ruse. He WANTS to change."
Ron came over to feel her forehead, "Hermione, have you lost your mind! Are you sick!? That is the biggest load of rubbish I have EVER heard in my life! That's like saying my hair isn't red or Harry doesn't need glasses."
Harry nodded and added," He's just using you."
"Boys, I am old enough to make my own decisions, if I get hurt, fine! But a good friend would comfort me in a potential time of sorrow, even while saying "I told you so". You aren't being very good friends." She turned and tried to leave but Harry grabbed her arm. If he noticed the hickey, he chose not to acknowledge it.
"Hermione, please, just listen! We're doing this because we care about you. We are boys, we know how they act, how his kind act..."
"His kind!" Hermione interrupted angrily," you're just jealous that instead of spending time with you two I've spent time with him. You don't understand at all! Let me go!" She pulled her arm roughly away and ran to the Perfects Bathroom.
Throwing herself down on the bathroom tiles she wept, letting out the betrayal of her two best friends through the anguish of tears. Hermione decided a bath would best calm her tense muscles and her tight nerves, starting the tap she stripped down and slowly eased into the water. She heard a splash behind her, whirling around she saw the water rippling, but no one surfaced. Then, she was pulled under. Looking out into the water she saw a flash of blonde, he smiled and saluted, his gray eyes full of mischief.
"Draco!" She gasped, splashing him.
"Couldn't resist, your face was priceless!" He grabbed her waist, tugging her closer. He noticed she was completely naked. Draco resisted the temptation, after all, so was he. "Come on, I've been a dirty boy, I need to clean up." He winked, and started working in the soap into his hair. Hermione started to do the same, her tense muscles relaxing. She felt him massaging her shoulders, she sighed and leaned into him. Well, hello there!
"Draco, are you that happy to see mwah?" His cheeks blushed a deep shade of crimson.
He chuckled nervously. "Hehehehe, nooooooo." He blushed even redder.

She smiled,"It's fine. After all, it's a good thing." She looked into his gray eyes that for so long held no emotion except cruelty, anger, hurt and hate. Now they shimmered with happiness, contentment, and..... lust. She squished herself closer to Draco, realizing now that they both didn't have a single idea what they were doing. Sighing she laid her head on his chest, listening to the pounding beat of the rhythmic heart that belonged solely to her. Draco looked down at the beautiful girl that so long he fantasized about that just now he had received a chance, he didn't want to blow it, Hermione was to special for Draco to lose easily. He smiled, soap sliding down his shoulders.
"Draco, what are you thinking about?" Hermione murmured.
"Just about how beautiful you are, how you are so special to me, and I can't even think about losing you."
She smiled widely, she didn't know he could think like that.
"Draco, we need to talk."
"What about?"
"Harry and Ron, they KNOW, about us."
He looked at her, surprise filling his features. "What does it matter?"

"What does it matter?!" Hermione scoffed, "I could lose my childhood friends, the ones that I risked my life for! Giving them up just like that would be like giving up half my soul."
Draco nodded, understanding dawning on him.
"Well, Hermione," he started as he spun her in a slow circle, the water making tiny waves," if they are your true friends they will stand beside you, no matter what. They should respect your decisions and not get in the way of your goals, your dreams."
Suddenly the door burst open and in came Luna Lovegood.
"Sorry to intrude!" She squeaked, going red," my deepest apologies." She winked at Draco and disappeared. Hermione cocked her head, curious.
"What was THAT about?"
He shrugged," nothing, she just gave me some helpful advice awhile back."
Hermione's stomach decided then to demonstrate an angry bear and growled loudly.
She laughed, the sound reverberated off the walls, "I'm guessing it's time for dinner." They both finished washing up and left for dinner in the great hall.