Chapter 16 Graduation

Oh my goodness, I'm almost finished with Mudblood and a Malfoy! Can you believe it, only a couple more chapters! *screams internally* . You know the drill; vote, drop a lovely comment you dead readers *gives evil eye, you know who you are* and FOLLOW me, join the Wattpad cult. Mwhahahahahaha. Enjoy chapter 16 :D .

The sun shone through what was left of the dormitory's windows. Hermione stretched as the sun shone scattered across her face. Today was the day in which she was officially leaving the wings of her solace place, she was graduating from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Hermione quickly threw on her graduation robes, smiling for the first time in days. As she settled in to eat in the Great Hall McGonagall's voice shoved itself through the thick atmosphere.
"Students," she started, clearing her throat to get everyone's attention. "today is the day that one of our finest years will graduate from these wonderful walls of Hogwarts. I want you all to be on your best behavior as many of your parents will be arriving. Even the Muggle parents will be accounted for. " Draco slid in beside Hermione, the house tables not really mattering in this moment, he gripped her hand, smiling at her. "This years ceremony will be conducted on the grounds near the lake, there will be no pushing other students into its waters." A look was cast in the direction of some troublemakers, "This ceremony will be one to remember students, let us never forget, Dumbledore's Army."
A violent joyous cheer erupted from the congregation of pupils at the mention of their latest triumph. They finished eating and hurriedly walked outside for the ceremony.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The warm summer breeze cascaded across Hermione's face as she turned toward the source of life, the sun.
"Hermione!" She turned, suddenly being crushed in the embrace of her parents. "Your school is absolutely magnificent, maybe you could give us a tour once the ceremony's over." Her father beamed, she nodded in affirmation. Draco sidled up to Hermione, "who's this? Her father asked, pointing toward the blonde boy. Hermione took his hand and smiled up at him, trying to give him courage without saying a word.
"Hello," Draco held out his free hand and Mr. Granger shook it vigorously. "I am Draco Malfoy, you're wonderful daughter's boyfriend."
"Hermione!" Mrs. Granger squealed, "you never told us about a boy you took a fancy to!" She covered her mother's mouth as Draco laughed heartily as the scene unfolded.
"Mother, this is why I don't tell you things, you go crazy!"
"Nonsense!" Hermione's mother removed her daughters hand. "Looks like the ceremony is about ready to begin, wave to us Hermione."
"Everyone, please, take your seats." McGonagall's voice caused the unruliness to subside as students took their places. "Parents, faculty, students, we are gathered together today to honor the achievements of this years graduating class. These students have expressed wonderful character, academics, and an extensive amount of potential. These students have graduated from these walls and are moving on to build their own castles, we wish you the best students, now and forever in all that you do." Hermione sat patiently, her leg bouncing and her hands clapping for each and every one of her fellow peers. Finally, it was her turn, "Hermione Granger!" Her voice was called and she drifted up the stairs as if in a trance, she glided over to her professor, who was teary eyed and smiled. Her diploma was put into her hand as McGonagall shook her other hand, a single tear streaked down the professor's cheek. A cheer erupted from the student body as Hermione waved to her parents and walked down to the other side of the stage, exiting gracefully. Students continued to inundate the stage as each one exited as the next emerged to claim their diploma. Draco gathered his breath as his name was next. "Draco Malfoy!" He clenched his fists and quickly walked toward the stage, the silence deafening in his ears. He clutched his diploma as McGonagall shook his hand, "Draco, I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors." Minerva smiled again and Draco turned toward the crowd, silent for the moment. Hermione and her parents, Ron, Harry, and Luna rocketed to their feet and applauded for Draco, the rest of the crowd broke out of the pervious stupor and applauded for the Slytherin hero. Breaking out into a grin he bowed and exited. He sat down beside her, still beaming.
"I never assumed that many people would clap for me, especially the spiteful ones."
She squeezed his knee, "Draco, it doesn't matter the quantity, all that matters is the quality. Friendship is what you make it, if you give it out it will return to you threefold. "
He shook his head and smiled again, "You old soul. You're my great philosophical girlfriend." Names continued as smiles were exchanged. Everyone's heads snapped to attention and a hush effectively fell over the group.
"Harry Potter." McGonagall spoke, another tear glistening down her cheek. Harry strode forward, a tentative smile placed on his lips.
"Thank you Professor, for everything."
"No, Harry, thank you. I could only teach you so much, the rest was yours to discover. You've helped both our worlds so much, I'm so proud of you. And I'm sure you're parents would be especially proud of you too." Harry's voice was cut short as the howl of a dog pierced the air, the big black dog approached the stage and nuzzled up to Harry's side.
"I think he seconds that." The dog chuffed happily. Harry sat down and the dog joined him, setting his head on Harry's knee. Harry ruffled his ears, "I'm glad you're here Sirius."
the dog licked his hand and nodded.
The named continued until finally the last name.
"Ronald Weasley!" The red headed boy accepted his diploma with a wide grin and a shout of exaltation. Professor McGonagall rolled her eyes, but allowed it to continue.
"And that concludes our graduation ceremony. Good luck students, and I wish you all the best for now and far into the future." The uproarious shout of the students and parents was almost deafening as each student yelled and clapped to their own accord; their own beat, tempo, and time. As the uproar subsided the snack table with assorted good was placed at the edge of the lake. Hermione strode up to it, taking a drink in her palms, sipping it lightly.
"Congratulations Hermione, we're so proud of you." Her mothers arms enveloped her in a hug as she graciously accepted it, beaming widely.
"Look at you, our little girl isn't so little anymore, is she?" Mr. Granger joined the hug, a tear of happiness streaking across his cheek.
Draco, Luna, Harry, Sirius, and Ron joined in on this humongous hug until, "People, I can't breathe, you're suffocating me!" Hermione, in the middle if the hug fest, recaptured people's attention. A laugh arose as people untangled themselves from the mass of bodies.
"Hermione," Harry tapped her on the shoulder, she turned giving him her full attention. "Sirius has offered me to live with him again, needless to say, I'm taking the offer. Sirius thinks that the ministry has finally given up on arresting him, as you can see. I think we can finally be a family, Sirius and I. Too long have I waited for this, this feeling of family that I missed. It just feels right somehow, I can't fully explain it. I just feel as if a missing piece inside of me is filled with his presence. Do you understand what I'm trying to say? Or do I just sound bloody mental?"
Hermione nodded," Harry, growing up with the Muggles has left a magical yearning hole in us, Sirius fills that hole for you. I would definitely take the offer that's been given to you. Please write to tell me how it's going. I don't want to be left out of anything that you're doing."
Harry smiled and nodded, Sirius coming up behind him," 'course 'Mione wouldn't dream of leaving you out."
Sirius cleared his throat," Lovely food. Did you tell her Harry?" Harry nodded, " We'd best get your things and move you in as soon as possible."
"Of course." Harry nodded in affirmation.
"Happy Graduation!" the chorus of student's voices floated through the air as this was the last day of Hogwarts instructions to them, and their first step into the real wizarding world.