Chapter 8

Day 8,

Ugg. Another trip to the library. My mom had to go grocery shopping today, so I had to walk all the way there. By the time I got there, my legs felt like pudding. I unsteadily walked up to the main desk and handed the man the book. He looked shocked, he was speechless. I stared at my feet, waiting for the price of the book and a lecture to be given. Instead, the old man grabbed my hands and dragged me downstairs. He sat me down and threw another book on the table infront of me.

"It is haunted. All the stories and rumors about that house are true!" He opened the book in front of me and continued, "After you left, I was curious about why the grandmother's death was marked as a disappearence. I searched for hours trying to get any information on the subject and found this book. This book contains many of the residents' names and information such as death dates and the cause of their death", the old librarian pointed to one of the pages. I glanced down and read:

Finnigan, Sharon

1934 - 1984, 50 years of age

Cause of death; Poisoned

Burial site; unknown

"Thank you so much sir, I have got to go. I appreciate the information", I said as I reached into my pocket for the money to pay off the book.

"No charge",he whispered with a smile.

I thanked him and started my walk home, all my thoughts jumbled together in my head. When I returned home, I crashed on my bed. With after all that has happened today, I really need some sleep... but then again, you can never get any sleep in this house. As I slowly started to doze off, the question of how Sharon was poisoned bounced around in my head. I sighed and decided to go try and find the crazy old lady, bad choice I know but I need answers. I quietly pulled down the stairs to the attic, careful not to wake my parents. I tip-toed up the creeky steps and found nothing. I turned the raggedy rocking chair around and there was just a scrap of paper. 'CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT!' Of course. I rolled my eyes and folded the stairs back up when I saw something in the corner of my eye. I whipped around and saw nothing but another small, scrap of paper. On it was written, 'WANNA PLAY?' I felt my body shiver and when I looked up, I saw one of the small twins staring up at me. I backed up, and there was the other one! They both giggled the creepist little laugh I've ever heard. When the took off down the hall I realized that I no longer had a choice. I certainly did not want to play, but in this house, you don't have a say in the matter.