Chapter 10

Day 10,

Last night I found some old, hidden door. I figured it lead to the basement Sharon was warning me about. I decided that I would investigate it after my dad went to work and my mom went to her book club meeting. They both left around 10:00. I had an uneasy feeling in my stomach as I began to gently remove the dusty, old pictures off the wall. When I opened the small door and looked down, I realized that whatever secrets kept down there needed to be found. Why else would the twins lead me to the basement? I grabbed my pocket flashlight and put it in the sling-bag that drooped over my shoulders. I strapped my headlight onto my head and crawled into the mysterious basement. There were so many dusty cobwebs and gross spiders. I made my way down the narrow staircase, each step creaking as I treaded down to my fate. The batteries in my headlight died so I took my flashlight out of the little bag on my shoulders and let the dim light guide my way. I stopped at the bottom of the stairs, surrounded by darkness. I shined the light into each dusty, mysterious corner. There was a rotten smell down there, and the tiny pitter-patter of little mouse feet was the only noise to be heard. As I shined the light, all there was were shadowy boxes, old shelves and dark figures covered with white sheets. As I walked farther into the darkness, the stronger the scent got. The air was poisoned with this indescribable smell, it smelled worse than sewege! I started to uncover the figures one by one. An old chest, a wobbly table, a teared-up chair and a dusty vanity. There was one covered figure left. I slowly pulled off the sheet and that's when I saw it. The sight was horrifying. I stood paralyzed. There in front of me was the dead body of Sharon! As soon as I could move my legs, I scrambled out of the basement, half-tripping up each step. I shut the concealed door and screamed for what seemed like hours. Now I was debating on weather I should confront my mother, or maybe even the police... ugh. Why do these things always happen to me?

♡♥Author's note

*Please don't hate on my story! I really do enjoy the constructive criticism, but not the hate! Well let me know what you guys think about this chapter!! (sorry it's sooo short!) Love you guys♡♥