Surprise!

The garden was very quiet when the trio arrived. "Okay, you can open your eyes now," Amber said.

When Sofia opened her eyes, all her friends shouted, "Surprise! Happy birthday, Sofia!" Sofia really was surprised, and she could only stare at how big and fancy this party is.

"Wow," Sofia gaped.

"I know!" Amber gushed. "Do you like it?"

But Sofia didn't seem to like it as much as almost everyone else did—she found herself feeling overwhelmed with the extravagance.

"Let's go on the merry-go-round," Princess Hildegard suggested.

Sofia was astounded by this. "Merry-go-round?" she blanched.

"Yes, you're going to love it," Amber declared.

But when everyone got on the merry-go-round, Hugo could tell that Sofia didn't like it one bit. She felt like this birthday party wasn't like any party she'd been to. Sofia was very relieved that the ride was over.

"Well, that was fun," Sofia said flatly. She was really looking forward to spending time with her friends, but they all had other plans—they'd rather be doing other things Amber planned for the party.

Everyone watched a magic show, played musical thrones, and saw some juggling jesters. In fact, they were all having so much fun that they didn't even notice that Sofia didn't like any of it.