Stitch by Stitch Chapter Twelve

At Karakura High School, 3rd Period

Hoshi sat in her usual desk beside in the back of the room, staring out the window beside her. The events of that past weekend were starting to take a toll on Hoshi's body, but she had somehow still managed to put on a happy face and come to school despite the constant ache spread throughout her system and the burning in her chest. She only prayed that her body allowed her to hold out through the rest of the day until she could go home. Hoshi didn't want a her friends worrying about her even more than they already were.

Hoshi was snapped her attention to the front of the room when she heard Ms. Ochi ask, "Ishida!? What happened to you!?" Hoshi gazed at Uryu's bandaged arm and hands. Honestly he looked partially mummified. It was a rather amusing sight, especially after the excuse Uryu had given.

"I fell down the stairs." Hoshi almost fell out of her desk from his lame excuse. 'You couldn't think of anything better? Like, oh I don't know, you got burnt!'

Ms. Ochi blinked, "Hmm....Okay. Sit down and we'll continue." 

"Well, okay, then..." Hoshi mumbled to herself while wondering if her teacher really believed Uryu's story or not. 

It was a little while later that Hoshi heard Keigo talking about Uryu. "He was at a construction site talking to himself! And in this really dramatic voice!"

"Ishida's always dramatic," Mizuiro replied.

Keigo shrugged, "I bet he's an aspiring actor! There was a guy in weird clothes and a couple of kids dancing around him. And there were explosions. He was probably rehearsing with his theater buddies!" Hoshi sighed at her friend's assumptions. Keigo certainly could come up with interesting theories. Stupid, but interesting. Hoshi zoned out of Keigo and Mizuiro's conversation after that.

Throughout the day, everything seemed tense between the people involved with the hollows attack. Hoshi had already given her advise to Chad and Orihime so she had nothing more to say to them on the subject. She also didn't want to seem like she was pushing them into making a choice so soon. As for Ichigo and Rukia, Hoshi still said nothing. After all, Ichigo had no idea that Hoshi knew about hollows and soul reapers and Rukia...Well, Hoshi had a feeling Rukia knows that she knows but neither girl wanted to bring it up just in case.

At lunch, Hoshi joined Orihime, Tatsuki, and a few other girls to each outside. Hoshi looked at the group and asked, "Maybe we should invite Rukia as well. I think she's already outside somewhere."
The girls agreed and they began their search for Rukia. After a few minutes on of the girls spotted her in a tree. "Hey! There she, up in the tree!" Rukia looked down at the group of girls. "Rukia! Wana eat lunch with us?" Rukia agreed and jumped down from the tree limb she previously sat on. The girls all sat down on the grass in a circle and began to talk.

Mahana, the girl who found Rukia, looked at Rukia, "So...Do you like Ichigo?"

The question caught Rukia off guard, causing her to spit out juice. Hoshi, though she did not necessarly like the question, had known it would come up sooner of later. So, she just sat back trying to grin and bare it. But honestly, it was hard, even for a dying girl like her, to let go of the boy she loves. But, deep inside, Hoshi knew it was the right thing to do and so she would step aside for Orihime and even Rukia if she bore any romantic feelings for him at all.

"Yes?" Rukia answered, though it came out as a question. The poor soul reaper was beginning to sweat bullets.

"Seriously, what's between you two?" Mahana questioned.

"We're just friends," Rukia replied, not liking where this was going.

Michiru scolded Mahana for her question. "Mahana! Gosh, you're tactless!"