Stitch by Stitch Chapter Seven

5 days later, at Karakura Hospital

Hoshi's sapphire eyes fluttered open only to see white completely surrounding her. After allowing her eyes to adjust to the light, Hoshi turned her head slightly at the sound of beeping. 'So...I'm in the hospital...I wonder how long I've been here...?' Hoshi could see that it was still in the early hours of the morning. Mentally sighing, Hoshi tried her best to straighten herself up in her bed. As she did this, the door to her room slide open. "Oh! Miss Namikaze! You're finally awake."

Hoshi glanced up at the voice to see her doctor. "Hello Dr. Yamanaka. How long have I been out?"

Dr.Yamanaka walked over to Hoshi and began to run a check up on her. As he did this, he answered her question. "Five days..."

"I see...It seems...it wont be much longer now..."                          

"You shouldn't talk like that!" Dr.Yamanaka scolded Hoshi.

Hoshi shook her head sadly. "You of all people know I am right." Dr.Yamanaka stayed silent for a moment, knowing that even if he wanted to agrue against the fact, that it would have been piontless because it was sadly true.

"You know you've had a lot of visiters coming in for the past few days." Hoshi looked at her doctor questioningly. "I had to kick a couple of them out cause they didn't want to leave your side!" he laughed at the memory of the teenagers trying to agrue with him.

"Did they ask any questions...about my sickness?" Hoshi questioned Dr.Yamanaka.

He nodded but gave her a smile. "Yes. But I told them that I wasn't allowed to give out your medical information unless I had your permission. I remember you said to only ever tell a man called Isshin Kurosaki about your condition." Hoshi nodded. "I did tell him what I knew. He said you didn't want your friends knowing..." Hoshi nodded agian. "Why?"

"Because...I want to make these last days with them as happy as posible." Hoshi admitted. "I only want to see their smiling faces." Hoshi looked down at her entertwined hands with a sad smile. "If I knew I made them sad, I know dying would only be that much harder. I want to leave this world knowing I did my best to make everyone precious to me happy, even if that means I have to suffer silently alone. I'm willing to bear that burden just for them..."

"You're a very brave girl."

Hoshi laughed, "I'm not brave at all. In all honesty...I'm terrified. But I know that everything will be okay." Dr.Yamanaka stared sadly at his favorite patient. He had grown fond of the kind girl through out the years of her being in his care. He would truly miss the girl when she left this world. Hoshi glanced up at the doctor with her big bright sapphire blue eyes. "So when am I allowed to leave?" Hoshi's sudden question caught him off guard.

"You just woke up not to long ago and you're already asking when you can leave?" Dr.Yamanaka laughed. "Not today that's for sure! We'll see in a couple of days." The doctor smiled teasingly at the much younger girl.

Hoshi pouted, "But I miss my Kiba! He must be feeling lonely right now! And I don't even know if anyone has been feeding him!"

"Well, I'm sure someone is. Now get some rest." Dr.Yamanaka turned to leave but stopped at the door. "I'll be back later to check up on you. I'll be sure to call Dr.Kurosaki and tell him you're awake." Hoshi nodded and thanked the older man. He just smiled and waved before exited the room and closing the door silently behind him.

'Well...I guess I better do as he said. I have nothing better to do anyways...' Hoshi closed her eyes and difted off into a dreamless sleep.