Chapter V

Warning: There will be changes of POV in this chapter, just letting you know. I will warn you before one though.

SINBAD'S POV:

He was deeply enraged.

The very meaning of enrage wasn't enough to describe what he was feeling. It felt like he was pulling on something non existent. It felt like it, but it wasn't actually absent. It felt invisible.

That girl was invisible. In society, she was always invisible. Along with the rest of the district. He didn't know why he chased after her and not after another more experienced person instead. He wasn't saying that she wasn't, but she held her tongue as if he would cut it out if she let a word about herself out. She was incredibly stubborn. And that was enough to put fire to his nerves.

The way she bluntly declined his offer hit hard. He didn't know why he felt bad like that to a simple refusal. Did he actually feel bonded to that girl? He didn't know. Her death glare was painfully familiar. She didn't have the eyes of a woman, she had the eyes of a warrior. A merciless warrior that could slaughter a whole army in a few seconds. A warrior that craved for blood and screams of despair.

It felt like she wanted people to know what she had been living in the district. And miraculously, it had to be him. Maybe she let all the guilt on him, since she knew he was the only one able to abolish the district.

He couldn't. Not now.

There were rumors about a declaration of war between Sindria and the kingdom of Kou, but he didn't actually think it would happen. And that's why he was desperate now. He was in a huge dilemma, and it stung him at how the smart looking girl didn't understand that.

He was the king, but it didn't mean he had the easy life. It might actually be even worse than the girl's one.

What was her name again? Oh yes, [F/N].

And because [F/N] didn't understand that, he would do anything to show her how he struggles. Because he knew she would at least understand how he felt towards all of this pressure.

She wasn't a captive now, she was the handle for Sinbad to hold whenever he would trip again. What made him jump to that conclusion? Well, it felt like they had met before. It just felt like it. It felt like she knew him to the core, thus making him feel this way. And if he was wrong, then he'd simply fall again.

YOUR POV:

One week.

Where was he, damn?

I couldn't request for him, I couldn't talk to him, since that day. I painfully wanted to, though. Anything to make me escape from this growing boredom. I didn't even think about what they would do to me. Torture me so I can talk? About what? That single question kept me from falling into eternal ennui.

Life? My personal issues? Jobs I could fill? Dreams? Hell, it even went there. Dreams, tch. Probably the only thing that kept me alive since I was born.

I had this tingly feeling since he left. This feeling that when you think about that person, it feels like your heart throbs at the mere thought. It felt like, a mixture of excitation and expectation. Weird mix, but that's how it felt like. It also felt like I was constantly pulling on something way too heavy for me and my weak arms. It felt like that thing was way to bright for me, but I kept struggling with it.

It felt right and wrong, just like at that time.

I wanted Sinbad to hear me out. I wanted him to hear all of my problems, all of the hardships I lived in the district, so he could know how horrible my life was. I wanted him to feel guilty, but also, I, deep down, wanted him to feel apprehensive about it, and let me cling onto his light.

Just like I did that day.

Even though I despised him, a part of me wanted his attention, his care, his support all to myself.

Just like I wanted that day.

And even though that day destroyed me, I wanted to feel the fake bliss he gave me. It felt like I was playing a game the way he wanted, but I couldn't help it. That smile gave me hope, and I'd honestly do anything to know he's smiling for me, and not for the sake of his reputation, just like that day. 

And if it would be fake again, then I would fall into despair once more.

THE END- //shot
reader: continue this damn fucjgjkf chapter or I'll fxck you in the ass with Sinbad's sword
iness (me): oKAY IM SORRY

THIRD PERSON POV:

The balcony. A glass of fresh wine. The warm sunlight. That was the schedule of Sinbad's day. Well, that was if he was lucky, if Ja'Far didn't come to-

"Your Majesty, I'm sorry to interrupt your break, but it appears that you need to sign a few documents for the merchandise of the incoming war."

Speak of the devil.

Sinbad sighed.

"Hey, Ja'Far."

"Yes, Your Majesty?"

"Have you ever fallen in love before?"

The silver head flushed red and stuttered incoherent words before clearly speaking;

"I-I have, Your Majesty."

"How did it feel like?"

Ja'Far was utterly confused at the sudden questions, but it was typical from Sinbad. He wisely picked his words and spoke;

"Well, Your Majesty, before actually realizing it, it felt like I was pulling on something that would never be mine."

The king chuckled. What a coincidence.

"Did you confess?"

"I-I never had the guts to, Your Highness."

Pfft.

Pfffffffffft.

Pfffffffffffffffffffff-

BOOM.

The king exploded in blunt laughter.

The general and pawn's eyes widened at his sudden actions and felt his cheeks heat before replying in a offended tone;

"Oh please, I'm sure you wouldn't have any more guts than me!"

Sinbad calmed down and breathed in to answer;

"But dear, why is it that I get more women than you do then?" He flashed the silver head a smirk.

Ja'Far grew pissed and threw the documents to the king's face, and walked away furiously, yelling,

"They are prostitutes, it's their jobs, you idiotic king!"

Sinbad chuckled, and took consideration into what he said.

'Pulling on something that would never be his.'

He felt the exact same thing.

Oh my, love was such a confusing feeling.

Except that [F/N] would be his. He was like that. Whatever he desired became his. The single advantage of being king.

This felt way too sudden. But what can you expect from a king that can turn his smooth smile into a deadly smirk in a flash?

That's how he felt towards her. He wanted her, in a flash.

A/N: ok so this chapter was kinda of a filler one because I emphasize Sinbad most here, and I made both of them realize their feelings for each other. The actual war between Sindria and Kou is going to be a really important plot line to the story so brace yourselves. And I wanted to give a warning to the people who expect a lovey dovey ending, it won't end like that. It'll end pretty bad. So if you're gonna stick here, just bring some tissues at the last chapter (:.
btw i really want to write a sinbadxreader lemon but like i have this weird habit that forces me to develop a plot line and a huge backstory before actually getting at the bagel-carrot action omfg good bye